PDA

View Full Version : Blocked Jet detection on a 2C kit can it be done?

trev
29-12-2007, 12:43 PM
On my car im running a 2C kit with the HSV triggered by the OMEX ECU, and im using two 0.3mm jets. Ive recently had a blocked jet and i was wondering if there is any off the peg solutions, or schematics available to detect if one or both of the jets is blocked. I did look at the DDS3 but could not see if it can detect a blocked jet, as you dont know if the jet is blocked or not until you try to inject by firing the HSV.
I did see in one post Richard said you can look at the pulse rate of the pressure feedback switch to the pump to see if its running, but you can only check against this for x microseconds after the HSV has fired and if it does not fire or runs at a lower pulse rate, light an led to show an issue.

Richard L
30-12-2007, 03:20 PM
I think DDS3 is one choice or the FIA2. Ity contains the diagnostic curcuitry as you descrived on your post.

Basically, the suggested cricuitry for the 2C diagram require some signal processing. The pump dutycyle % are directly proportional to the flow (the grey wire). You need to compare this signal against the DC% of the HSV. If they are out of sync, it will be regarded as a fault.

trev
30-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply richard. Ive been messing about building up a circuit using timers ect and i think i have come up with something that may do the task. It looks at the signals as you said and depending on how you calibrate it, it will be able to detect jets blocking on a Y feed feeding x jets if all goes well. Ive got to build a prototype and hopefully if all goes will install it for good.