PDA

View Full Version : pump location

blown408
11-03-2004, 04:33 PM
When mounting the pump in the trunk , do you run the water line in the car or out side . Also is it ok if the pump,tank or water line is higher than the jet.I have a 2d system,please forgive my stupidity but this is all new to me. :?:

robbilau
11-03-2004, 04:46 PM
I ran my line inside the car. It should make no difference what position the pump and tank are in relation to the jet - there's a lot of pressure in that line! You do want to have the pump below the level of the tank, though.

Also remember if your battery is in the engine bay you'll be needing heavier guage wire run to the pump to ensure the pump gets adequate voltage from the battery.

http://www.laurenson.com/users/robbi/wi/wi.html

blown408
12-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Battery is in the trunk and thanks for the help.

Charged Performance
12-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Generally if the water level is above the jet you would want to use a check valve to prevent siphoning. The hsv with the 2d will act as a check valve when off/closed - but if it ever was stuck open your water tank could drain through your jet. Might want to consider a check valve.

Also there is another thread discussing rear pump mounting and the location and use of accumulators and the hsv. (Assuming a front engined car.)