PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist 2s Install on a Rotary -----> The journey has be

jesuscookies
16-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I recently purchased a 2s system for my 93 RX-7. Although, semi- mechanically inclined. I think I am in waaaaay over my head. :D Anyways, I have several questions about the 2s system in general, as well as a few related just to the rotary application. I was hoping you all could help.

1. Can I place the MF2 controller near my igniter? is it a bad idea to place this device next to other onboard electronics?

2. For those that have installed an Aquamist 2(?) on there 93+Rx 7. Where did you mount the pump, waterbottle, and other various componets?

3. Anyone with a rotary actually install a 2s on their car?

I know I will have many additional questions to follow, and thank you all for your guidance and support :)

atl93fd
16-03-2004, 10:06 PM
JesusCookies,

Woohoo, another rotorhead.

I'm running the aquamist 2d. I installed the pump/resevoir in the back hatch, custom install actually by Gotham Racing. You can view pics @ http://home.comcast.net/~s.stevenpaul . I'm currently running about 14 lbs of boost, slightly more in cold weather. My WI comes on about at about 7 LBS of boost, and I don't notice any drop in intake temps. I have another thread a few down from this, started by atl93fd, you may want to read. I have the LED's directly underneath my headunit location (where many put their turbotimers/profec b.

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences. I'm not tuned for WI, strictly using it for anti-det. I have questions on whether or not I should be noticing a drop inn my intake temps. I think I will try a larger nozzle and turn up the pressure on the pump slightly to see if this works.

My next mod will be HKS twin power, to help prevent against misfire. Stay in touch..

You can do a search on the "other" forum for "pics of my water injection setup" for thread responses.

As far as your questions:

1. I don't know :)
2. See that internet link, I believe it will answer everything. If not, waterbottle and pump in hatch, LED's below stereo. Nozzle injecting after IC before TB.
3. I don't know anyone who's mapped a 2s to their 13b. Rice Racing and Zero-banger have a lot of experience with different setups.

Good luck and stay in touch!

jesuscookies
17-03-2004, 01:26 AM
I have seen your set up. it Looks really good. I may be PMing you on the "other forum" for advice. You may remember also that we spoke briefly about going in on a couple of 2d's to try and get a better price together. However, I found this 2s for sale, and I could not pass up the deal.

Anyways, my real issue at this point is engineering the setup. The space under the hood is so limited. I am really struggling to come up with a decent "not ghetto looking" install. Also, one of my requirements is that it should all be under the hood. I do not want the water tank in the hatch, or the pump in the rears bins.

jesuscookies
22-04-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't know if I can hotlink or not but I will give it a try. I got my set up installed and running, and thought I would share the pics, and comments from the other forum that I am on.... enjoy.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297240

Charged Performance
23-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks for sharing your installation. Actually 6 months is pretty quick, it is amazing how much a lot of people drag their feet to get their systems on once they have purchased them. Always a bit of hesitation I guess - lack of time never helps either.

Also it probably wouldn't be a horrible thing to have pointed your fellow enthusiasts this way if you have found these boards at all helpful. ;)

edit: ahh I see the plug now :) Though turboice.net is our old url. The url is now http://waterinjection.info - and if anyone ever comes up with another logo the turboice one will be retired. turboice.net still points here but it may not in the future.

jesuscookies
23-04-2004, 03:09 AM
Ed.

I gave a mini plug :D

Anyways, you and Richard were so helpful I can't even say enough for all the help you gave.

I think a full plug is in order for both you and Richard. :)