PDA

View Full Version : Colour additive for water/meth mix?

JoeN
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi All,

Excellent website. I've been browsing through it for many months now and have learnt a lot. Some background...I have a very basic shurfo based WI system which I pieced together myself. It doesn't inject proportionately to boost, and I would like to upgrade to an aquamist system at some stage. I mix water/methylated spirt at 50/50 ratio, and inject pre-supercharger (M2 - not sure what size this is in mm) and pre-throttlebody (M3). My car is a 4L inline 6 cylinder with a centrifugal supercharger (powerdyne) and no intercooler. Power output is fairly tame compared to many at around 250+rwhp.

My question is in regards to adding a dye to the water/meth mix so that the water's function within clear tubing can be more easily observed. Is there any reason why I couldn't add some blue food dye, for example, to the water tank? Could this effect the performance of any components?

Thanks for the help,

Joe
Brisbane, Australia.

Richard L
02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
You only need A small amount of dye to colour the entire tank of water/methanol mix. It is a good idea to do it. I don think it will make any difference. we are talking parts per million.