PDA

View Full Version : GB Howerton Engineering Tank Offer

Howerton Engineering
25-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Thank you all for participating in the group buy for the HFS-2 and HFS-3. We are happy to have the opportunity to distribute the group buy to the US and Australia. Because of this we will be offering discounts on stock tanks and enclosures to be shipped at the same time. The pricing will be as follows:

Twin Tank: Retail $299* GB Price $225
5Qt Unit : Retail $169 GB Price $130
2-6qt Tanks: Retail $29 GB Price $20
1.5 Gal TT: Retail $90 GB Price $50

* This is for the V2 tank that just arrived. The website has been updated with new pictures and information.

Additional shipping charges will apply. Please contact us via email or PM for ordering or any questions.

Link to our tank page http://howertonengineering.com/tanks.htm

Richard L
25-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Jeff, thank you for doing this.

chongl
25-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Jeff,

Are the dimensions on the website correct for the 1.5 Gal TT? 12" long x 8.5" wide x 7.5" tall

Those dimensions seem to indicate it's quite a bit smaller than it looks. Would you have any other pictures of it? Could this be predrilled for the float sensor and feed line as well?

Thanks in advance

Howerton Engineering
25-01-2010, 06:07 PM
The dimensions are correct. I have to take some other pictures today, I'll try to shoot a few more of this as well.

It comes from the manufacturer pre-drilled for the pump pickup. We have drilled this for the level probe before but it is limited in the locations that you can do so.

gearhead1186
26-01-2010, 12:55 AM
when we know what tank we need, do we post it here or wait for a PM regarding the GB on the HFS-2/3 kits?

Howerton Engineering
26-01-2010, 02:10 AM
If you wish to post here or PM me that would work. Either way I'll need to contact you get details on exactly what you need. Thanks.

jajou
26-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Jeff at this price is the tank coming w/ the LEDs and cooling fan or are those still to be added as options?

Howerton Engineering
26-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Sorry, the options will still be extra.

chongl
26-01-2010, 05:51 AM
The dimensions are correct. I have to take some other pictures today, I'll try to shoot a few more of this as well.

It comes from the manufacturer pre-drilled for the pump pickup. We have drilled this for the level probe before but it is limited in the locations that you can do so.

Awesome! Let me know when the pics are up.

Thanks

Howerton Engineering
26-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Here are a few pics of the 1.5 Gallon next to the Twin Tank

http://s2.postimage.org/Q3A39.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsQ3A39)

http://s3.postimage.org/cge0r.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pqcge0r)

http://s3.postimage.org/cggvA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqcggvA)
[/img]

EngineerX
26-01-2010, 09:06 AM
1. How do we order the tanks to get the discounted price?

2. Will shipping cost be combined with the HFS-3 ?

3. Are the remote fillers also discounted? What price would they be sold for?

4. Do the the remote fillers include the hose to link with the tank? How do they interface with the tanks you sell?

Howerton Engineering
26-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Just let us know what you want with the HFS-3 so we can allocate it in stock. When the GB closes Richard will get deposits from everyone for the kits. The GB list then gets forwarded to us. Once the kits arrive, we will contact everyone for final payment and you can pay for your tank at the same time.

After the GB ends, the GB participants can still add tank items up to the time we ship, but obviously we would like to know sooner rather than later what needs to be ready.

The shipping for the kit is a fixed price, if any items are added additional shipping will apply. Please contact us with your needs so we can get you a shipping quote.

Remote fillers are $20 normally, 20% off or $16 for the GB. This price is only for the remote filler, most of these get sold to tuners who are doing custom installs. If needed we can investigate supplying the hose and barb fitting for the tank if needed.

EngineerX
26-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies.

The 1.5G tank looks great for an in-trunk setup.

I noticed the tank's outlet to the pump is right on the "trough" of the tank, on the base where the pump mounts.
That seems to be about 1.5 inches above the bottom of the tank. So when the height of the pump's inlet is added, that's about 2.5 to 3 inches above the base of the tank itself.

My question is,
Is that base under the pump's mounting location full of liquid?
Can the pump "suck" and prime liquid once the tank level falls below the height of the pump's inlet? (it's a considerable volume, the whole 12"x8.5"x1.5" base + another ~1.5" "U" shape volume.

Also, is the tank outlet fitting flush on the base, or does it have a tube pick-up / siphon to allow pump to suck liquid when level falls below the pump mount base?

In your experience, down to what level (inches from the bottom of tank) is the tank's capacity usable when the pump is mounted in the trough and the tank's outlet is used?

Tanks!

Howerton Engineering
26-01-2010, 07:31 PM
The base of the tank is full of liquid. The fitting that is screwed into the tank has a suction tube extending to near bottom of the tank. There is no issue priming at these small height differences, as long as there are no breaks or leaks in the line/fittings going to the pump breaking the suction.

The theory behind the design is good, but this tank does suffer from surging issues when below half full. A simple solution to mitigate a good deal of this is to mount the tank at a slight angle(not level). This will keep the fluid from rolling away from the siphon tube too much. I have one customer that used a "whip", frequently seen in the karting world, that has a brass pick-up at the end of a flexible line and this brass unit moved with the fluid staying submerged and preventing the pickup of air. The best advice I can give with this tank is to try to keep it over half full if at all possible and mount it at an angle slightly towards the pickup. I'm not trying to talk you out of the tank, I just want to be honest about our experiences with it.

Pleas note we bought a batch of these long ago just offer as another tank option for our customers. Therefore we have not had any input into the design or overall presentation of the product. I can't say it's always the best tank for the job, but does fill a niche and fit well for certain applications. When the few that we have left are gone we will not carry them any longer as we expect to have our own product design ready to offer in the next 6-12 months.

gengo
02-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Is a vented cap enough to ensure smooth fluid delivery? Would a vent line be better?

Howerton Engineering
02-02-2010, 01:18 AM
The cap and the line will do the same thing for air flow purposes, we usually use a vented line if folks are using 100% meth and the vented fumes need to be to the outside of the car.

gengo
04-02-2010, 11:30 PM
If a tank is ordered pre-drilled, does that mean the fittings come installed too?

If not, how are the fittings installed? Some kind of silicone/sealant?

Thanks.

Howerton Engineering
04-02-2010, 11:42 PM
If you are getting a bare plastic tank, mark up the drawing on the site where you want the fittings and we will install them and soak it overnight before shipping.

Otherwise the fittings in the kit are just a rubber compression type, you drill the hole, deburr, and insert and tighten.

PROJEK X
13-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I am 110% happy and completely satisfied with the quality and workmanship of the Twin Tank Set-up. And i think i had one of the 1st set-ups available, if not the 1st :)

jajou
24-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to get my kit.

Jeff keep up the great work.

-Tony

Raceready
14-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I am 110% happy and completely satisfied with the quality and workmanship of the Twin Tank Set-up. And i think i had one of the 1st set-ups available, if not the 1st :)

I have the twin tank setup and am having it installed Monday. Did you do anything special when you installed yours (e.g., tilt it)?