PDA

View Full Version : gauge seem to read differant depending on road speed or high or low gears

rs4steve
01-06-2010, 11:32 PM
When i give it WOT in first and second to the red line the gauge will read 8 bars+ but once im doing say 60mph and floor it in 4th or 5th right to the red line the gauge ill only make it to 4 bars maybe some time 3 , because of the massive differance im not sure wether to set the sc for 1st and second gear or 4th and 5th im running 2 6mm jets and a point 7mm restrictor.
I dont understand how the road speed seems to affect it ?
The outlet is facing the side of the car there was not room to fit itfacing the rear.
i have bleed any air from the pump and tested the preasure at 160psi .
any info would be most helpfull

Richard L
02-06-2010, 12:53 AM
If you call in sometime this week (Thurdsay or Friday), I can check the setting of your controller on the bench tester.

Richard

rs4steve
02-06-2010, 10:10 AM
ok ill pop in thursday what times best for you ?

Richard L
02-06-2010, 10:20 AM
anytime between 11am-4pm

Canonshooter
03-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Mine does the same thing. If you have a quick-spooling turbo, I think you will see these spikes in the lower gears. I set mine on the highway, then made further adjustments on back roads where I could hammer it in lower gears. I did have to pull back the WH setting about 3 clicks to prevent tripping failsafe, but all seems fine now.

FWIW, when I go full throttle through 3 gears, I get a steady 4 bars - it's only when I "goose it fast" in a low gear that I see the spike up to 7 - 8 bars. I had my car dyno-tuned today and all looks good.

rs4steve
09-06-2010, 06:36 PM
had the car mapped on the rollers the other day changed the jet size down to two .5 mm jets seemed to give best power . we did about 10 runs on the air con dyno at qstuning awsome dyno.
still having flow problems though the water flow rockets up at start off them falls back steady 4-5 bars up to about 5500rpm then starts to drop off as the rev increace and by the time you approch 7000 rpm the flow is droping back to 1-2 bars sometimes less wich then actvates the failsafes so had to disconnect the boost cut to carry on the dyno .
i tryed increesing the restrictor size which seemed to help and in the end removed the restrictor all together to help the flow but still i am getting the flow droping off when i need it most at very high rpm .
any body had simular problems ? im thinking that the pump is not keeping up when the injection is at full idc i might try to get a presure gauge T in to the car so i can look at it on road test at full chatt

Richard L
16-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Can you put the jumper link to FDC to confrim what the system is seeing beyond 5500rpm. It will not affect the water flow.

rs4steve
22-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Hello again thanks for sorting the pump i fitted the new one bleed the system and set it all back up everything seemed to work very well the flow stayed good all the way through the rev range and it worked perfect for 2 days them the old problem cam back were flow started to drop off them it started really messing around.
Id get flow when it first started for one second the the flow would fall back to nothing, so i tryed bleeding the air again with no luck the only way i can get the gauge to read flow is to run the system with an open pipe eg no nozzels fitted soon as i put any size nozzel on i get no flow reading ive now fitted a pressure gauge to the system so i can see if its a air problem and its not, with two 0.5 nozzels fitted i get 160psi of pressure and a nice spray pattern but the gauge dose not register any flow no matter were i set the SC but if i run the system with no nozzels i get a perfect flow reading on the gauge and i can control it with the SC , ive checked the operation of the flow sensor for any bits of debris but its perfect cant find any problem with any thing . any ideas

Richard L
23-09-2010, 09:52 AM
It is very useful you are local to me.

I will to focus on the flow sensor, there must be something affecting the flow. It might be too obvious buit I will still ask. How is the restrictot pill fitted? We have occasion where the restrictor pill is installed in the reversed side of the inlet port.

If you are available, can be meet up this wekend, Friday or Saturday is fine woth me. I am very curious to find the cause.

rs4steve
24-09-2010, 06:49 PM
yes me to i have know restritors fitted as when i had flow problems before they did not help, I have just finished putting a new clutch in it today fri, big job.
i am free tomorrow sat if you are let me know

Richard L
24-09-2010, 09:42 PM
saturday is fine with me, 11am at Peacehaven?

rs4steve
25-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok ill be there at 11

Richard L
25-09-2010, 09:37 AM
See you at 11. Please pm me your phone number. I lost it sometime ago.

Richard L
17-10-2010, 02:00 PM
All good so far after we have increase the clarance of the spindle holder. This minimise the spindle mis-alignment due to manufacturing tolerances.