PDA

View Full Version : Problem no power to gauge

Basic-man
21-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Problem with my system, I've double checked all wiring, confirmed power past the internal fuse. No power at gauge, no +12VDC on any pin on the gauge cable, even tried a new cable (wiring 1-8 on one end and 8-1 on the other as per original cable)

Tried removing all other cable from system, no LED's lit during powerup or running inside the controller.

Any idea?

KMR968Turbo
23-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Sounds like you have a defective unit. Unless someone else here knows differently you should at least get the amber light when power is first supplied to the unit.

Basic-man
24-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes my first experienc with Aquamist and its been more then disappointing.

Richard L
24-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Have you connected the red wire of the grey harness to a switched +12V?

Basic-man
24-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Have you connected the red wire of the grey harness to a switched +12V?

The power connecter wiring with 4 wires +12, two grounds and the dash light wire? Yes of course.

No on the red in the ECU harness, fix the issue.

Why would the unit completely not work with that wire disconnected. Instructions I received from the vendor, when I double checked showed this wiring and the main power wire jumped together.

Richard L
25-09-2010, 09:30 AM
The HFS-3 has its own switched power supply within the unit.

The system will only power-up when the grey harness sees a +12V supply, Normally wired to a terminal that mirrors the fuel injector positive (non-direct injected type).

I didn't quite understand the answer, is the system powering up now?

What car is it?

Basic-man
25-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Richard,

Yes unit is powering up now and we completed the purge. We are getting boost cut and no flow is showing (Was late so we called it a night). I will look at setting up the SC and the WL and WH which I believe are all at 0 on the pots (as shipped?), I am only installing and was told by the purchaser that the unit came with the pots pre-configured for the application. I now think that only the internal controller pots are setup and not the SC/WL/WH, we'll look at it again tomorrow.

Car is a Porsche 996TT

During trouble shooting I had power at the unit (power harness) so I was stumped why it wouldn't turn on. Everything was taped up and I focused on the controller since I had power to it but it wasn't turning on.

Paul

Richard L
25-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Do you have a wiring diagram of the HFS-3 to 996?

Richard L
25-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I have just posted a 996TT to HFS-3 diagram:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1876