PDA

View Full Version : I have a headache!

cobraa
07-11-2010, 03:53 AM
I registred to this forum because I need help choosing my WM kits..

What make the aquamist better than Snow performance or Devilsown kit ?? What is the difference ?

It seems so simple.. you have a tank in the trunk, a pump that push the mixture in front of your throttle body and you have to select the correct nozzle-sprayer for your application.

But I just have a big headache trying to choice which kit is right and why X kits is 400$ and the other 900$ etc etc.

PLEASE HELP!!

I know this is an aquamist forum so I expect to see people ''bashing other company's kit''. At least please help me understand the difference between HSF-2 HSF-3 HSF6.

Richard L
08-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Hello Cobraa,

Aquamast is the only wmi company uses an inline valve to control water flow (same as the fuel injector). The system sends a series of pulse to the valve with variable duty cycle to meter flow.

All the other companies vary the pump speed to control flow. (PPS = progressive pump speed)

We believe the aquanist system is better because of the folllwing:

1. Faster response .... few thousands of a second instead of few tenth of a second. A rotating pump cannot chabe speed very quickly. Aquamist system is able to mirror fuel flow precisely so that your afr is consistent under all engine load. Slow response to adversly affect the AFR under gear changes or fast throttle modulations.

2. Aquamist has a dyanmic range of 10:1, ie, you can track fuiel flow from no boost to full boost between 2000-6000 rpm. The PPS system (propgressive pump speed) has only a very limited dynamic range of approximately 2:1. Translate this into real world operation, the system can only start at 100hp and finishes at 200hp. or 2000-4000rpm under the same boost at WOT etc.

Aquamist has always been branded as an expensive but this is just a negative marketing champaign from other makers. There is very little truth in this.

HFS-2 (IDC-valve) ............. $499 (street price)
HFS-3 (IDC-valve with dash gauge and failsafe) .............$699 (street price)
HFS-6 (IDC -valve with dash gauge, failsafe, full user scalable IDC) ............. $899.00 (street price)

On this forum, most people exchange ideas on all aspects of wmi and rarely discuss or bash other manufacturers. This section of the forum is for technical support on all aquamist systems.

I believe you are the only person here (for a long time) who asked to compare aquamist to other systems. Let me know if I have adequately explained the differences between the systems. Do ask again if you want a more detailed comparison.