PDA

View Full Version : No power to gauge

RusS4!
27-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I have an Audi S4 and I wired it up as I told through my tuner and I am getting power to the 4 pin connector but no power to gauge. The only wires that arent hooked up in the ECU harness is the orange, yellow and black wires. This is how I was instructed to hook it up:

HFS3 Red - Injector Power - Thick BLUE/BLK wire (or BLACK/BLUE), Check at any injector
HFS3 Green - Injector Duty - BROWN/GRN (I believe this is the only injector wire that isn't the same color as something else), Check at INJ #4 (DS Front)
HFS3 Blue - MAP - BLUE/GRAY - Check at MAP Sensor

For the failsafe:

BLUE/GREEN - N75 Signal - Check at N75 -CUT THIS WIRE-
HFS3 White - The ECU side of the CUT BLUE/GREEN wire
HFS3 Brown - N75 side of the CUT BLUE/GREEN wire.

HFS3 PINK, YELLOW, BLACK - UNUSED

________________________________________ ___________

The 4 pin connector gets wired at the fuse block under the dash

4PIN RED - Keyed Power - First terminal towards the door "75X"
4PIN WHITE & BLACK - Grounds - There are two factory ground points directly above the kick panel near the hood latch. You can connect these two together there.

4PIN - PURPLE - Dimmer - I don't hook this up but if you wanted to its somewhere in the headlight switch harness

Richard L
28-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Can you check test point 5 for me -Injector (+). Should be a 12V there when ignition switch is at the pre-crank position. Unplug the blue harness for the time being to stop the water level sensor interfering with the start-up procedure.

Richard

RusS4!
28-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Ok, problem fixed and I am now getting power to gauge. What do I need to do now?

Richard L
29-03-2011, 08:41 PM
OK, good.

Please follow the test procedure on the user manual.

RusS4!
30-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Ok I've done that and I'm getting boost/throttle cut at around 13 psi

Richard L
30-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Is the failsafe wired in?

RusS4!
30-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Yes, I wired it in just as I described in the first post. I'm thinking it has something to do with the settings but I'm not sure.