PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody had their pump die on them?

Caillin
08-05-2011, 07:43 AM
My WI has been working fine for the 2 months that I've had it installed, but it just stopped working last week. I noticed the fuse had blown, so I replaced it, but still the flow meter wasn't showing anything. I removed the jet (which the thread sheared off :cry:) and put it into a bucket and manually activated the pump with the Sys jumper. When I do this, the pump just click, click, clicked rapdily for a second, and then nothing. No water came out of the jet.

At this point I'm guessing the pump is shagged, but I really don't see how it could have worn out after only 2 months.

Also, has anybody had any problems with the connectors that plug into the control module? They all have RJ11/RJ45 style plugs, but none of them "click" in properly into their ports, and they slide right out really easily. This happens on all but one of the connectors. I had to resort to electrical taping all the plugs in and wrapping it several times around the box. Needless to say this is a bit of a PITA to undo when needing to make adjustments.

Be keen to hear if anybody else has had these issues?

Richard L
09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Where is the pump installed?

Caillin
09-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I've located it up under the front guard near the front bumper. It isn't near anything magnetic and is away from the engine bay heat which I think was outlined in the manual. Is it possible for the pum to fail if it comes into contact with water drops?

Richard L
17-05-2011, 08:31 AM
I believe water ingression is the most probable cause. The system is designed as a "trunk" mount.

It sounds like the motor bearing is corroded and siezed up. A siezed motor will draw high current and hence blown the fuse.

Caillin
17-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Ok, thought that might be the case :(

I bought this in a group buy through Howerton in the US, is that the best place to source a replacement pump if I'm from Australia?

Richard L
18-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Howerton or I can supply you with a repalcement pump.

Caillin
18-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks Richard, I've spoken with Jeff and he's given me a quote for a replacement pump as well as a tip on how to get the connectors to click in properly as well.

Richard L
21-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the update.