PDA

View Full Version : Faulty FAV valve?

[clone]
10-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Hey guys,

Finished my install of the HFS-3 a few weeks back but have only just got the time to prime and purge the system and get it up and running. Im not 100% sure however there might be something wrong with the FAV valve. I have purged and primed the pump without any problems as per the first set of instructions. After replacing the 6mm hose and onto the second set of instructions to test the jets, there is no water coming out of the FAV valve. There is definitely water getting to the FAV but nothing it coming out. I have checked all connections and pulled the FAV cord out of the controller and puting it back in ensuring it is in properly. There is no flow on the gauge when i test the system with the SYS jumper. Any ideas? Thanks heaps :)

Johnny

[clone]
10-07-2011, 11:01 AM
hmm after checking out some info, there might be a issue with the restrictor will, pull the FAV apart and have a look. Im thinking the restrictor is not in properly something of the likes. Will see how I go :)

Richard L
10-07-2011, 08:01 PM
test the system withiout the restrictor.

Richard

[clone]
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks Richard. Will try that tonite and see how I go. Thanks for the quick reply :)

[clone]
11-07-2011, 10:23 AM
ok just pulled the FAV valve apart, no restrictor in place. Initially wasnt sure if there was one in there as had a mate help me put it in and wasnt sure if he put one in or not. However there was not one in there. Double check all plugs, wiring and tried again with little success. Water is definately going into the FAV but the 4mm out pipe is as dry as can be.

Any ideas richard?

Thanks in advance

Richard L
11-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Is the "INJ" jumper linked? Do a "sys" test with it linked.

[clone]
12-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Tried it out before work this morning and BINGO! spraying like a boss :) After re-reading the instructions i think I was confused as thought it was the same process as purging however you had to use both jumpers.

Road test tonite, will let you know how I go.

Big thanks Richard :)

Richard L
12-07-2011, 08:23 AM
The reason for adding the INJ link is to prevent the FAV from heating up unnecessarily during system purging.

Be interested to know the road test.

[clone]
13-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok just got back from the road test. Been playing around with it all afternoon, managed to get the WH working ok, however i'm having trouble setting the WL. The "water level" keeps tripping, even with no flow bars in 4th gear under load the "water level" comes on and you can hear the circuit board go click aswell. Moving the WL CC or CW doesnt seem to effect the "water level" trip. Have done the SYS test all seems to be flowing ok, Im pretty sure the system seems to work OK at a gradual load, however as soon as I plant my foot it trips. Any tips would be great! Almost there!

Thanks

Johnny
Evo 7 Australia

sebdut
13-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Sorry but where is the "inj" jumper? Is the same of FAV ?

Richard L
13-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Two settings

1. WL (gauge) ....... fully counter-clockwise
2. FS-DL (trimmer on controller) ....... fully clcokwise
3. Threshold trimmer at 11-12' o'clock

Let me know how it goes on this setting. I assume you have calibrated the gauge to read 5-6 bar at maximum load (SC).

[clone]
14-07-2011, 12:42 AM
I'll try this setting tonite. Yep the SC has been set. I'll let you know. Many thanks.

[clone]
17-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Ok have got the system sorted. After a fair bit of playing around and getting it just the way I want it, its finally all up and running :)

Big thanks to you Richard your after sales service is second to none.

One final question though, whats the best way of draining the howerton twin tank set up? I have just been running 100% demineralised water till I had everything sorted. Would the best way to just run the SYS and purge the tank till its empty? Or is there another method. I can not unbolt the tank due to the wiring.

The car is off to the tuners hopefully this week, will report back on results.

Thanks again

Howerton Engineering
18-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Using the SYS jumper will spray through the jets. If you disconnect the 6mm line from the FAV, remove the INJ jumper and then use the SYS jumper, the pump will come on and empty out of the 6mm line.

[clone]
18-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Arrr, thought that was the case. Thanks Jeff.