PDA

View Full Version : 2003 EVO VIII, Is WI for me?

bishiboy
21-04-2004, 03:43 AM
I have a slightly modified Mitsubishi EVO VIII, making about 320AWHP at 11.0:1 AFR at 20.5PSI of boost.
My problems are: Where I live I can't get any unleaded fuel over 91 Octane. My stock ECU, (which has been reflashed by a custom tuned Dynoflash), pulls timing due to detonation (stock knock sensor). I also live in Yuma, AZ. Desert! Hot as hell. In the afternoon, I loose about 3 deg of advance at redline (7800rpms).
After reading a little about WI, it sounds very promising.
Could somebody more knowlegeable on this subject guide me in this area?
Does anybody else have WI on their Evolution?
What system would be best for me?
What safety add-ons are required to keep me from blowing my motor.
( I have an HKS S-AFR to adjust fuel, I also have a WB O2 and datalogger, I can also get my ECU's timing adavanced from Dynoflash).

Richard L
21-04-2004, 08:56 AM
With your ability to adjust fuel I see no problem of adding WI to your car.
Water will have great cooling effect with water injection in AZ due to the dryness.

Even applying the basic form of WI, you will make gains without too much tuning.

I can only speak on our own products - Aquamist. If you go to our site and mail me requesting more information. Or if you can open aother thread on our sponsored forum section, I awill be able to speak to you in more details regarding our range of product.

Richard L
21-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Forgot to mention that the following link will answer your safety issues.
http://waterinjection.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1307#1307

janis
21-04-2004, 12:30 PM
I remember seeing some EVO's while browsing the galery on the
aquamist website, maybe there's some info to be found there.

Janis

AKWRX
24-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Does anybody else have WI on their Evolution?

I am aware of one new EVO with alcohol injection used primarily to eliminate the pulling of timing by the stock ECU due to knock on 92 octane.