PDA

View Full Version : No bars at all

dsm1gb
15-03-2012, 06:32 AM
So i'm going to get tuned on the dyno here in the next couple weeks, I have tested the system, it works, and have done everything in the manual. When I do the test with the controller the bars light up, the pump goes on everything is perfect etc... Now, I am not tuned so I didn't want to be building much boost, so I added a little bit of water in the tank, ive hit about 10 psi, and no bars light up, The "S" flow sensor led comes on, the "B" High boost enabled led flickers on and off, the yellow water injection led comes on when I build positive pressure, also so does the water level led, it goes on and off depending on throttle, or what seems to be movement in the tank (Proabably because I didn't add enough water) Is this the reason I am not getting any red bars because of the low amount of water in the tank, or do I have to build more boost?

I heard that Meth goes bad over time in the tank if not used, and I didn't want to add any until I was ready to use it all the time, so thats the reason for just adding straight water, also to test the system.

Please bare with me, as i'm still trying to learn the system the best of my abilities.

Richard L
15-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Which verison odf HFS-3 do you have?

Black circuit board = version 2.

dsm1gb
16-03-2012, 04:44 AM
V2... HFS-2/3

Richard L
16-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I can only think of the issue is caused by the flow sensor. Please disassemble it and see if there are some debris is jamming the internal turbine. It is totally serviceable.

Howerton Engineering
16-03-2012, 03:21 PM
When you say you did the test and the bars light up, this is just the electronics test or with the pump running and the jets spraying? Did your ever have the jets in a bucket and the system spraying correctly? If not, I'm wondering if the startup process needs to be done again to prime the pump and such.

dsm1gb
19-03-2012, 06:27 AM
When you say you did the test and the bars light up, this is just the electronics test or with the pump running and the jets spraying? Did your ever have the jets in a bucket and the system spraying correctly? If not, I'm wondering if the startup process needs to be done again to prime the pump and such.

Yes with the pump running,the Jets sprayed into a bucket by activating the system by F-IDC, When I did this the bars lit up and stayed constant, and the green led on the actual control board responded to idle speed. When I activated the pump to prime the system thats the only time I ever saw the red flow bars light up, other then that its hooked up, and cant get any bars, Unless I really need to put a load on it, but i figured 1/4 throttle building 5 lbs of boost would show some flow.

Also, when it says in the manual "A. set the far left trimmer to fully counter clockwise, crank the engine and leave it to idle, you should see the blinking led on the controller board" I'm assuming you leave it like that correct? because I didn't put it back to where it was.

I'll try and start everything over tomorrow, and see if it changes.

dsm1gb
19-03-2012, 06:27 AM
I can only think of the issue is caused by the flow sensor. Please disassemble it and see if there are some debris is jamming the internal turbine. It is totally serviceable.

Ok, I will try this as well.

dsm1gb
20-04-2012, 01:40 AM
The only way I can get bars, is if I push down on DR0's ground pin with the cover on. Is something wrong with my board?
Is there any way I can send in my board to have it tested? or see if there is any issue?

Richard L
20-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Can you pm me you phone number, I will call you. THis is puzzling.