PDA

View Full Version : Building a tank

0-PSTNS
18-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Hello All.

Recently recieved an HFS3 system from Jeff Howerton and I'm looking for a way to get a tank into my veheicle.

I will start with a straight water mixture and try a WM50. Tune for both and compare the results.

The tank will be mounted in the spare tire well in the rear of the car (FC3S) and will be about 3 gallons based on the amount of injectant I will need based on fuel consumption during track events (up to 8gals fuel during one session)

I'm having difficulty finding a suitable tank based on size constraints.

Next thought was to make one. I'm much better at welding AL than SS, but I've heard that meth is corrosive to AL.

I'm wondering if the WM50 is not. Or if there is one alloy that is more suited than others.

Any insight would be great. Or a 3 gallon tank that is less than 6" deep

Richard L
19-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Meth will certainly cause corrosion on ali especially it contain DI water (quite aggressive to any metal). SS is your best bet. With only 6 inches in high, internal beffle is a must.

0-PSTNS
19-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Would anodizing work?

Richard L
20-03-2012, 10:31 AM
From I was told before, it is not easy to anodise the internal the tank unless you have a special electro.

Again it willdepend on the quality of work. It is better than raw ali. for sure. Make sure the ali rod used is suitable fore anodising. High silicon content welds will not anodise well.