PDA

View Full Version : Failsafe always on

Timewriter
11-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi All,
Last year I bought HFS-3 pvm2 system. It was successfully installed into my EVO X SST EDM and worked perfectly for several months.
Last month I had to make some changes in my gearbox and due to that engine was off from the car.
After we assembled the car some strange things happened to HFS system.
When I turn key to the pre crank position led display shows that failsafe function activated (yellow led water level, S and B led are on and water flow level shows 3 bar pressure ? this is very strange due to the system in pre crank position doesn?t flow anything).
After engine start nothing changes, picture the same. Thries shows the impulse from injectors.
While spray test ? SYS linked the pump is working and nozzle sprays water. But nothing changes at the display, no any more flow pressure (still shows 3 bar).
I checked wiring to the engine, it is the same as before reassembling, green and red wired to injectors and blue to the map sensor.
I have no idea what could be done wrong and what is the way to solve this problem.
Can you please advise some solution?
P.S. All potentiometers are in 12 o'clock position

Regards
Anton

Richard L
11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Can you tell me where the red and green wires of the grey are tapped, is it on the ECU or fuel injector plug.

It is strange to see three bars at th epre-crank position, was the water spraying at that key position? Ity llok like the system is triggered by seeing the "B" led being lit.

Anwer the top line question.

Richard

Timewriter
14-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Can you tell me where the red and green wires of the grey are tapped, is it on the ECU or fuel injector plug.
Richard

Hi Richard,
It is plugged to the ECU wires. Red is connected to the No92 pin wire, and the green to the wire from injectors to Haltech ECU (looks like it is using No2 pin).

Regards,
Anton

Richard L
14-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Ahh, not an OE ECU. I need to know the fuel injector impedance.

Can you measure the test pin #8 under the following conditions:

1. Ignition key position #0 (off)
2. Ignition key position #1 (accessory)
3. Ignition key position #0 (pre-crank / run)

Pin #8 is the fuel injector (-) IDC sensing wire