PDA

View Full Version : Failsafe (WI and WL) always ON

DJ
25-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I just got this unit from HE in the states, for some unkown reason it shows water LEVEL LED always ON and the water injection is dimmed but I can still see some light behind the bulb/led.

I have unplugged the water level sensor and still does the same thing, I have check the wire color sequence on the blue plug off the controller box and same thing

I started to beleive a blakc gauge wire with the RJ45 plug to be broken or making contact? or a bad gauge?

I measure continuity with a DMM and it shows from pin 5 to pin 7.. is that normal? is that pair twisted or I got a bad cable?

thanks, this is very frustrating

DJ

Richard L
25-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Can you unplug the blue harness and tell me if the yellow led goes off. Th eyellow led will stay on if you switch the gauge off if the DHB link is removed.

Just to be certain the yellow led "on" is not due to the backlight shining through it.

Dimming: check the purple wire is not connected to anything.

DJ
25-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi Richard

Long time we dont talk, 10 years maybe.

blue harness and yellow led is still on and the water injection is on but dimmed a bit compared to water level

system injects fine.

the purple wire is connected and working after I move a bit the dimmer pot, if i turn on vehicle headlights it will dim the whole unit

Eventhough the water level stays on (failsafe?) but my secondary map is still activated on this evo

is it normal to have plenty of continuity among pin 5 and pin 7 on the dash gauge black rj45 plug?

I need to solve this fast

thanks

DJ

Richard L
25-04-2012, 09:45 PM
You must remind me. 10 years is a long time.

It is not normal to have pin 5 and pin 7 with continuity. Please confirm where you pin is?

Can you check for me the following:
1. Unplug the flat cable on both end. Check pin5 and 7.
2. Plug in the flat cable to the gauge. Check pin 5 and 7
3. Unplug the gauge side, plug to the controller, check pin 5 and 7.

If the water sensor circuit is made for more than ~20 seconds, the gauge will cut out.

Richard

DJ
25-04-2012, 11:51 PM
It was very difficult to measure today I got no continuity on such pins

I still think I have a shorten wire inside teh blacl cable?

water level light is alway on, then I turn on the system, i hear a small click relay and the water injection light will come ON as well but not as bright as the water level sensor one

so no continuity

I ran an MF2 into a supercharger subaru in my country 10 yeas ago

thank you Richard

Disraeli

Richard L
26-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Ah yes, Mr Disraeli, I remembered. Welcome back.

1. Can you have a look at the leds on the circuit board of the controller. When you first turn on, does the threshold led comes on.

2. Also...
Just to clarify, only the "water injection light" comes on, not the tank level led.

DJ
26-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi Mr, Richard

Yes the water level light is ON all the time! even with the power button in the OFF pos

If i turn the system ON i still have the water level light always ON and then after a few seconds the water injection starts to power up but not as bright as water level

it may be a shorten wire on the black wire? gauge not receiving some signal?

B can intermitenly show at idle, like with a broken wire???

cheers

DJ

Richard L
26-04-2012, 08:05 AM
This is most unusual, it is difficult to pin point the origin of the problem.
The B led should not come on unless the system is triggered.

Questions:
1. Other than the two leds, does the rest of the system work as normal?
2. Can you tell me what the car is. Please tell me how the system is wired.
3. Have you configured the MAP sensor range/type on the under side of the circuit board. ***

** If you haven't the system will trip and the B led come on intermittently, if the system is triggered by MPS.

DJ
26-04-2012, 07:13 PM
B led has never come up even when its injecting and I see bars on the gauge in full

yes everything seems fine working just the two leds and the B not iluminating

its a evo 9, wired per instructions on this board, no high boost control (externally system) secondary map on tephra mod pin

I have not configurate the map sensor as I am using this PWM injector signal

lmk what to do, I still think I have a broken rj45 wire plug..

Richard L
26-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Can you check for a damage RJ45 plug:

See some possible plug damage:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/HFS6/conn1.jpg

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/HFS6/conn2.jpg

Richard L
26-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Lastly, check for possible cable reversal:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS6/RJ45-gauge.gif

Richard L
30-04-2012, 07:47 PM
any updates?

DJ
05-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi

I change the main dash black rj45 cable with a brand new one HE sent me and still failsafe is ON, then I changed the gauge and does the same thing, failsafe is on..

Anything else to check?

Richard L
05-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Can you take a picture of the inside of the controller. I like to see the settings.

DJ
05-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I tried BHD link to disable failsafe and still both leds are lit! ;(

If the thresshold is at 60% IDC wont it trigger a failsafe (both leds on) as the injection bar is inside the calibrated failsafe window at the gauge?

DJ
05-05-2012, 04:27 PM
whats your email?

DJ
05-05-2012, 04:35 PM
trim settings

DJ
05-05-2012, 04:41 PM
after you see this I will upload trims pic, I am exceeding quota

Richard L
05-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Send it to me at richard-AT-aquamist.co.uk. I need to see the entire circuit board.

Richard