PDA

View Full Version : Fav not opening

Philip Martin
10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
I finally got the gauge mounted and the wiring ran.In the first step of priming the pump and clearing the 6mm line out to the Fav.Did the jumper from FAV to SYS and sure enough water shot out.Connected the hose to the Fav and cut the switch back on.Nothing came out of the FAV.I unscrewed the fitting into the FAV, and cut the switch back on.Water sprayed out of the fitting, so water is making it to the Valve, its just not opening.When the line is removed from the FAV when the switch is on, the gauge is showing flow and water is shooting out.When I attach it to the Fav its not flowing and the water level light is burning, but it doesn't burn when the water supply from the pump is not connected to the FAV.I also filled the tank up a few times and the light for the water level would not go out.

Philip

Richard L
11-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Did you remove the "FAV" jumper link on the controller ?

Philip Martin
11-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Took the jumper off the FAV put on SYS.Turned on key, water pumped out.Left the jumper on SYS connected the water line to the FAV.Cut the ignition swich back on, no water from the FAV.
Philip

Richard L
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Leave the FAV jumper in, use the "PRK" jumper to do the "SYS" test.

The only time you want to remove the FAV link is if you want to purge the system using the "SYS" link.This way, the FAV will not overheat whilst purging the system. Otherwise leave it in.

Philip Martin
12-11-2012, 05:30 PM
After doing as you suggested, Taking the PRK jumper and placing it on the SYS pins, I got water out of the jets .I then removed the jumper and went for a drive.With the jets at the windshield in front of me, I could see the spray as my boost built,Good! I then came home and installed the jets in the intake manifold, intercooler piping,and ran the feed lines to them from the FAV.I then went back out to check the flow and set the SC.Upon boosting, the lights for W.Injection, and Boost Enabled are coming on, but I am not seeing any Flow.
I tried the jumper on SYS again, but this time it doesn't work.I can hear the FAV humming, but it clearly not opening.What do I need to check?

Thanks, Philip

Richard L
12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
OK, so far so good. We have solved the missing FAV jumper issue. System was working as designed.

The current issue requires the following check first:

Remove the 6mm hose before the FAV, "SYS" test linked and tell me if there are any water coming out if the 6mm hose. Don't do this for too long or the FAV will overheat.

Philip Martin
13-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Yes, when I pulled the jumper from the FAV and placed on the SYS, it pumped water.When I had the system working while test driving with the jets under my wiper blade, the PRK jumper was removed.I left it this way.Is this correct?Just trying to figure out where I went wrong.Like I said, It had worked fine for a short test drive.I returned home mounted the jets and new lines.Didn't change anything else.

Philip

Richard L
13-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Lets start form the beginning before it gets too complicated in our communications.

1. Set the jumper on the controller to all default position (align with the gold dots above)
2. Gauge on.
3. Clip jet on windscreen
4. Remove the "PRK" jumper and put it on "TST", can you see water spray?
5. If yes, continue...
6. Remover "TST" jumper and put it in "PRK"
7. take car for a drive and watch for spray.
8. If yes, continue
9. Watch gauge for bar display. If no, continue
10. Adjust "SC" trimmer on gauge clockwise a few clicks.
11. post the result here.

Philip Martin
13-11-2012, 06:55 PM
There is no TST marked on my board, HFS-3 Did you mean SYS? Yes I tried taking the jumper off of PRK and putting on SYS.The FAV is humming but not opening to allow spray.Everything set to Default as you suggested.

Philip

Richard L
13-11-2012, 08:09 PM
You are correct, I meant SYS, not TST (HFS-6)

I think I might have an answer. Does your set up use low impedance injectors?