PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a pump in the fenderwell

Dust
21-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I know that Richard has mentioned sealing up the wiring where it comes out of the pump, but is there anything else that needs to be considered? The car I am looking at has a 5.5L washer tank available OEM, and I don't think I can beat that without taking up alot of space in the trunk.

Richard L
21-01-2013, 02:49 PM
That is pretty much it. The rest of the pump is less troublesome.

The gap between the pump head and pump body can be sealed if you are really serious regarding water ingression.

Loosen the body bolts and pull out the head about 1mm. squeeze some sealant in between the two parts and re-assemble.

The aquamist (aquartec) pump has a large sticker that raps around the area so it is not as important if you are using an aquamist pump.

Dust
22-01-2013, 01:53 AM
It will be the HFS-4 pump. Should the use of the accumulator be considered if going front mount pump? You mentioned getting away from it because most people were mounting in the trunk.

Richard L
22-01-2013, 08:33 AM
It is a good addition but not as important. The Aquatec pump runs at higher RPM than the Shurflo. Other than the pressure accumulation, pressure pulses peaks are very acceptable.

Dust
08-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Next mounting question. The car has a 2DIN radio pane, and I will be using a 1DIN radio , and hoping to use the other 1DIN for gauges. Is there a reason not to mount the main control box behind the gauges? The gauge panel is very simple to remove, so getting to it won't be a problem.