PDA

View Full Version : kit just came in, have some questions?

Rick99gt
19-05-2004, 04:05 PM
My kit just came in , its a stage 1 . I will be putting the kit on my 99 mustang gt 4.6 sohc. I am running a adaptive tune that works off of the iat sensor. I went with this kit to prevent heat soak. I will post a pic showing 2 back to back dynos. You will see once it heats up the iat picks up the hotter air and pulls timing and dumps fuel. I am only looking into using water.
The first dyno is the diff between cold pull and heat soaked
http://www.modularmustangs.net/showthread.php?t=3613

I am pushing 10lbs non intercooled. I will be placing the jet right after the blower and moving my iat sensor 15 inches away .

I been on the other mustang forums and it seems i can't find anyone running this kit so i am kinda in the dark.

So far i from what i have gathered i will start spraying around 4lbs. But i don't know if i should buy smaller jets or the ones the kit came with will do for my set up.

Any info would be great
Thanks
Rick C
[/img]

dc96819
20-05-2004, 10:26 AM
When i ordered a stage 1 kit,it came with 3 diferent sizes 1, .7, .5 if i remembered right.Dont forget the to order the (Inline check valve: 15psi "crack pressure" 4mm hose) to prevent water from seeping in during vaccum and the .2 to 2bar pressure switch might be better.

Rick99gt
20-05-2004, 05:58 PM
thanks I will have to look into that check valve. I know durring norm idle I am pulling 21inches of vac. Kinda wish it came with the kit.

thanks again

Rick C

Charged Performance
22-05-2004, 03:56 PM
The kits generically are designed for forced induction use prior to the throttle body. Any installation of a jet after the the throttle body does require a check valve. We will discuss with ERL whether or not with the expanded market beyond those the kits were originally designed for whether or not the addition of a check valve is warranted. The issue becomes the additional costs for those setups that don't need a check valve. We do provide check valves to our system customers at reduced prices.

In order for your system to take advantage of the lower true charge temperature the jet and the effect of the water will need to be in front of the IAT. Some have questioned whether or not the atomized water will have other impacts beyond temperature on the IAT sensor, we do not have an answer on that at this time. If the IAT doesn't see the lower temperature though it will not prevent the adding of fuel and retarding of timing.

If I have misunderstood your layout please correct me.