PDA

View Full Version : HSF3 EVo 9 and AEM series 2 idle Issue

DJ
02-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Guys

I have been using the system for some period of time, but now noticed that after turning the system ON, the idle starts to bounce and seems that some Idle parameters start to di funny things,

I used the hsf 3 wiring for evo 9 jdm and usdm for power supply, injector, I used switch No. 5 on Pin 54 for ground loop input for secondary map

Funny thing is that AEM ems shows this pin as a switched ground available, as it was the power steering pressure switch (oem pinout ecu diagram)

Its like the Idle speed controller starts to open up more and messes the idle

let me know if you have got similar issues

My system is a direct port hsf3

thanks

Richard L
02-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Are there any inline checkvalves on the port injectors?

Is the AEM a direct "plug and play" replacement to the factory ECU?

I suggest moving the red wire of the grey harness to another 12V source - only active at pre-crank key position. It helps to isolate the HFS3 to the AEM.

We have many EVO users over the years, This is the first issue I heard. Let me know if the above suggestion cures the issue.

DJ
06-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Solved issue!!!

Switch number 5 is the Input wire used on the AEM series 2 (plug and play) software and its linked with my aquamist setup (ground output) to trigger high boost setting

From AEM factory, all aem ver 2 for lancer evo 9 softwares, despite the fact that the POWER STEERING SWITCH is not used (and says available on the aem pinout diagram), one hidden parameter at the software was adding 4 percent more of Idle speed valve opening, I just put a straight 0 in that parameter and the problem is gone

In the other hand I have 1 nozzle per intake manifold runner, with 1 inline check valve between distribution block and each nozzle to help with fluid distribution and constant flow (pressure differentials)

I opted to use for smaller yets to help the spray pattern and I am using 75 methanol and 25 distilled water, seems to be working fine, and keeping my 10 to 1 engine knock happy on 95 octane at 600 plus whps and 30 psis of boost

Knock voltage is under 2.5 volts and even though I had to back it off a bit the SC trimer from 12 o clock position, the system is working fine

My gain settings are at the top position and threshold around 20 psis

My peak torque timing is around 2 to 3 deg ramping to 7-8 at 9K rpms with stage 2 cams and a 62mm turbo on the miveces 4g63

Only think I am worried is that I using my system at FIDC, and this are 2200 cc with a twin pump setup, so, my max inj duty cycle is at 60%, wich maybe low for the aquamist in terms of final flow from my system, in the end I would love to have more methanl injected from my system to see how much more boost or timing I can yield without destroying the engine

thanks for the advance

DJ

Richard L
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM
If you need more IDC, there are two ways to achieve this:

1. Use the gain trimmer.
2. Solder link the x1.5 pre-amp gain on the underside of the circuit board.

DJ
06-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks Richard

So when the gain trimmer is at the top, soldering the x1.5 link will yield even more IDC ?

lmk

tks

DJ

Richard L
07-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes, it does.

DJ
09-10-2013, 01:40 AM
My Aquamist kit is a full howerton engineering setup with the rear twin tank, fan and pump, how to know what type of pump do I have? is it the highest flowing version?

thanks

DJ

DJ
09-10-2013, 03:03 AM
do you have any pics of the link I must solder? could i use a jumper? maybe not as it is at the bottom of circuit

let me know

tks

DJ

Richard L
09-10-2013, 09:16 AM
If you are confident of soldering, Jeff can do it for you. The link is on the bottom of the circuit board. Instruction is on page 20 of the user manual.

DJ
12-10-2013, 05:18 AM
And if I solder this link, will I still be able to trim down the IDC with the pot in any event I just get too much?

Richard L
12-10-2013, 05:23 AM
I think you should try to use the gain trimmer first.