PDA

View Full Version : HFS-3 troubleshooting

bulldogface
30-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi, is there any troubleshooting guide for hfs3 v3 to point me to? My problem is that as of recent, my kit fails to work properly, so always, when i depress pedal, baragrapf won't read anything, just failsafe kicks in. i checked all wires 3 times around, so seems like now is the time to do diagnostic via jumpers on circuit board..however i have no idea what results i am supposed to get.

Richard L
01-12-2013, 05:20 PM
The system is telling you there are flow problems.

Try the following first:
1. Check for clogged nozzle. unplug it and do a manual test.
2. Prime the system (read manual).
3. If all is well, bridge the "SYS" link again to activate the system. One minute at a time. It will switch the pump on and the FAV at 100%. With the jet taken off. look for the spray pattern.

bulldogface
04-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Yo, sorry for so long delay, but i tried to "try all possibilities" before spaming again. However, even after purging the system, it still fails to work properly. Upshot is, my bargraph never reads anything. even while manually purging, instead it just lights both leds. Durring drive test, i get blip of "B" along with sound of pump kicking in, and than failsafe kicks in. is there any contact on for ex. flow sensor, which is prone to fail if, dunno, is freezing, dirty, too near to source of heat, or christmass too near?

Richard L
04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Please snap a few pictures of the FAV location.

Question... Does the "S" symbol stay lit at all time?

bulldogface
04-12-2013, 09:52 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Hxax3A5vOcM/Up-U1sT1mtI/AAAAAAAABB4/eNbzYC4X-rY/w904-h509-no/WP_20131204_001%255B1%255D.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hmhMsePU5r0/Up-VBhhNzuI/AAAAAAAABCA/ZFPTvoa1SGQ/w287-h509-no/WP_20131204_002%255B1%255D.jpg

bulldogface
04-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Please snap a few pictures of the FAV location.

Question... Does the "S" symbol stay lit at all time?
yes, it does.

Richard L
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
It looks the FAV and flow sensor is being cooked by the turbo below. The user mention to put the FAV on a cooler dry place. You have picked the hottest place possible. Please relocate if it is not already too late.

bulldogface
04-12-2013, 10:18 PM
It is probably going to be, since it won't operate even with cold engine and hood open, with ambient temperature bellow 0. So is there any way, how to check which component is gone?

Richard L
04-12-2013, 11:44 PM
undo the outlet of the FAV:

Do a manual test by linking "SYS" jumper. If they are plenty of fluid shooting out of the FAV, the FAV is fine.

At the same time, see if there is any bar display on the gauge. If not, it most probably be the hall effect device in the yellow sensor cable. You can send the cabel back to me for testing.

Lastly. undo the sensor tube from the FAV, blow through it and tell me if you can hear a whirling sound. If you can, the turbine inside the sensor is OK. Just need to replace the sensor cable.

The hall effect device does not like heat at all.

bulldogface
05-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi, I looked at it today, and it seems like FAV is ok, and from sensor valve i can hear faint whirling sound. So hall effect it is, aparently. As a word of experience for anyone, who'll wonder in a future, turbo heat shield is NOT sufficient protection against heat. Thanks for help, Richard.

Richard L
05-12-2013, 04:41 PM
This is the first one. But to be fair, I don't get to see too many as most people deal with our dealers. Some don't even know we have an online shop.

bulldogface
05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
If you want, i can send you failed one, so you can see what happened, maybe to improve design for next gen. :) It's pretty much worthless for me...

Richard L
05-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I like to but don't want to out you into extra expense. If standard posting is an option I will paypal you the cost.

bulldogface
11-12-2013, 07:15 PM
I've installed cable today and it seems to work fine. I've send you failed one today, you should have it in few days..only thing is that in my infinite wisdom i've failed to mark envelope anyhow, so you have to kinda put one and one together...

Richard L
18-12-2013, 11:41 PM
I have received the cable, it is working fine. I am sending it back to you and see if it is still working.

bulldogface
20-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Well, some time has passed already, and cable is not here yet...So I won't test it. But nevermind, replacement I've ordered works just fine :)

Richard L
20-01-2014, 12:01 PM
My apologises, I will send this week.

It will be interesting to see if it works consistently. It did on the bench tester.