PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Aquamist to AEM EMS

kindawg
17-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello,

I have a 94 Toyota Supra Turbo and I currently have my Aquamist hooked up to default and it triggers off of injector duty cycle.

My tuner said he would prefer if he could turn the jets on at say a certain psi. He said AEM EMS has general outputs that he can control. If I wanted to do this, what wires would I splice into my AEM EMS harness, He would be able to send a signal through that wire which would turn on the jets.

He said he is not very comfortable with splicing the injector wire :confused:

Richard L
17-04-2014, 11:02 PM
The aquamist system can be triggered by idc or MAP sensor. Please note trigger by psi will not be as consistent as boost develops at different point of the RPM under different gears. Basically, boost without RPM reference does not represent true engine load. Anyway, he can do what ever is comfortable to him.

There are no differences "electrically" between splicing into fuel injector of AEM output wire, needs the same skill set.

For AEM controlled option, just connect the green wire of the grey harness to the AEM PWM output, set the threshold to the lowest trigger point. (fully CCW).

kindawg
18-04-2014, 02:39 AM
I think he is just nervous with splicing into the injector wire. He doesn't want it messing with the tuning and the signal it sends to the injector. .

What are your thoughts

Richard L
18-04-2014, 08:50 AM
If that is the case, there is no way the system can work. My though is look for another technician or do it yourself.