PDA

View Full Version : Pump Activation

Steve@HPE
19-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Gents, I started having a problem where the pump on my HFS-3 system does not engage. I thought it was the 30A relay as I jumped the relay pins and the pump started up. So I replaced the relay, but the pump still does not engage.

It appears that the signal to engage the relay is not being sent from the controller. What's the procedure to check that signal?

Thanks!

Richard L
19-05-2014, 06:25 PM
The relay is activated by grounding the blue wire from the controller. What is the colour of the circuit board? This help me to make some diagnostic work via the 30 test pins.

Steve@HPE
20-05-2014, 12:24 AM
The relay is activated by grounding the blue wire from the controller. What is the colour of the circuit board? This help me to make some diagnostic work via the 30 test pins.

Hi Richard, the board is red. Thanks!

Steve

Richard L
20-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Can you measure the voltage at test pin 4 when the system is manually activated. ("SYS link")

(unplug the red harness to avoid water pumping into the engine)

Steve@HPE
21-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Richard,
Today I went to measure the voltage at pin 4 as you instructed, turned on the key, set the SYS jumper and the pump started. The car has a small AGP race battery that I left on the tender last night, so it must have been low on voltage. Although, the car started and ran just fine.

Now I notice another problem, the gauge shows 3 flow bars and the "B" light is on at startup.

Steve@HPE
21-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Richard,
Today I went to measure the voltage at pin 4 as you instructed, turned on the key, set the SYS jumper and the pump started. The car has a small AGP race battery that I left on the tender last night, so it must have been low on voltage. Although, the car started and ran just fine.

Now I notice another problem, the gauge shows 3 flow bars and the "B" light is on at startup.

Richard, disregard the other "problem". My blind ass put a jumper on the BAR pins by accident. All seems to be good now!

Steve

Richard L
21-05-2014, 03:29 PM
It is good know all is well. Thanks for the update.