PDA

View Full Version : HFS3 install on Mazda CX-7 (2.3T)

torquemaniac
28-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi,

Im making a big turbo build for my CX-7 (2011), and a HFS3 is part of the equation

I just got a never used HFS3 and from what I read on here, its a version 1 (blue control board, serial#10032) but it came with a version 2 ECU harness (there is a version 2 sticker on the bag of the harness)

The engine is the same as the Mazdaspeed3 (MZR Disi), but I dont think the ECU plug-in is the same (Auto tranny, AWD...)

Any help with the wiring would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Richard L
28-06-2014, 08:33 PM
The blue circuit board (v1) will not work as well with the MS3. The black circuit board (V2 - nearly version) requires factory modification to work with the MS3. pm me if you are not to clear.

torquemaniac
30-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the info Richard...PM sent

There must surely be a way to hook this up...most of the MS3 and MS6 on the MSF forum succesfuly run the Devils Own or Snow Performance kit, and those are way less sophisticated than the HFS-3

Im not looking after a perfect IDC match, I just want a progressive spray without the poor mist quality of the other system

FYI, here is my build thread on MSF : http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f123/big-turbo-build-cx-7-p-168742/

I plan on running a 50/50 mix of methanol/water, with lots of boost (between 25-30psi)