PDA

View Full Version : Power source

wchafe
03-08-2014, 06:14 PM
I have an HFS-3v3 in a 2014 STi. Can the power cable's red wire and the Grey cable's red wire both be connected to the same 12v power source? I'd like to connect them both to the IGN-SW #2 wire on the ECU.

Richard L
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
The red wire from the grey harness must only live when the fuel injectors are live. Other wise it will inject 100% if the ECU decides to switch off the fuel injector supply. Do you have problem following the wiring diagram on here?

alternatively, you can wire the green and red wire of the grey harness directly to the fuel injector.

wchafe
03-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the clarification. It's not a problem. I was just hoping to have lots of extra length free on the power connector, as I have lots of free length on the other connectors and I wanted to be able to keep the controller in the glove box with lots of extra wire for easy access. I'll have to extend the power connector wires in order to reach the fuse box and still have lots of free wire.

Richard L
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM
The feed to the power connect is not too important, as long as it is switched. The most important one is the red wire from the grey harness. Tapping this wire to the correct location is vital to the well being of your set up.

My last question to you was, did you have problem following the recommended location of this red wire on this forum?

wchafe
04-08-2014, 12:39 AM
I have no problem understanding the wiring diagram. Thanks for your help.

Wade