PDA

View Full Version : New to WI, looking for input...

jetsiphon
30-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I have a 2002 WRX with uppipe, turbo back exhaust and Cobb reflash. I'm running about 14psi in Denver on 91 octane. Looking to do a Spearco setup, mainly cause i'm broke. Either way, looking for info on what solutions I should run and what to expect.

Thanks

Richard L
31-05-2004, 12:10 AM
What problem do your have since you are asking for a solution.
I can see a few possible problem:

1) You are running 14psi on 91 octane - knock problem?
2) Problem how to contact Spearco?
3) Broke - You want some help to buy a Spearco system?

I have a question:
How much water does a Spearco system deliver at 14psi? I think you may want a minimum on 150-20cc/min with no detonation and possibly 200-300cc/min with mild detonation.

jetsiphon
31-05-2004, 09:20 PM
oh, my fault, i meant what kind of water solutions i should run. i've heard windshield whiper fluid is common? i was planning on running straight water.

i don't really have a knock problem, i'm just trying to avoid it.
i've found the spearco system no problem and if somebody would like to buy it for me, i won't complain. :lol:

Charged Performance
06-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Might want to look into alternatives that use a pump with better specs like the Shurflo. Not big on sending people to others for categories of products we sell but if you are in a pinch, on a very tight budget and looking to use water injection I would look at the shurflo system sold by a NASIOC vendor. (Not going to name them here they do not support this forum.)

Keep in mind that each of these alternatives are static flow on/off systems that will at best inject the right amount of water within a very small range above that point it is less flow than ideal and below that range it is more flow than ideal.

But don't worry this is a water injection information site not solely an Aquamist site - you will find answers to questions you ask from the members.

jetsiphon
08-06-2004, 10:10 PM
well, like i said i'm new to the WI. what are some good systems that are priced fairly? i have no problem spending the money if it's worth it.