PDA

View Full Version : NEED INPUT

TurboXstang
31-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone, i'm new too this site and to water injection alltoeather, so i need some input on this. I've got a 1993 Mustang GT with a 302 EFI with a Twin T3 garret turbo setup (.60/.63 a/r's) and have a custom 26x17x3.5 front mount intercooler on it. I'm running 8 psi threw it right now and run 93 octain fuel with 10* of timing and a MSD 6BTM and have the timing retard set a 2* retard as boost climbs. I've heard of people running these water injection setups and making killer power with them. I'm thinking of adding either a alky/water kit or a methanol/water kit, aslo i'd like to know how to build one of these kits myself (save some cash for more mods later). If anyone can give me some info on all this it would be of great help I'm sure i'll have more questions too post later. Thanks everyone for any help

Charged Performance
06-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Those with the most experience and who readily work with various water injection setups are on a lot of GN forums. We have tried to get some to come over here but most of them already know what they need to. Though there are many on this board with DIY experience who I am sure will chime in.

Things to keep in mind:

Quality pump with sufficient pressure and flow specs.
Jets/nozzles that provide good atomization at the net pressures achieved.
Diagnostics - even simple LEDs to let you know things are on when they are supposed to be is better than nothing and blind faith. No budget can afford to bypass making sure a knock suppressing system is working as intended.