PDA

View Full Version : HFS-3 problem, Getting low water light

M3GTttHulk
01-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Hi Richard

System has been working flawlessly for 2 years now after relocating the pump and tank to the trunk, but recently I got the low water warning light upon boost activation.

I was going to add water but the tank was full.

15A Fuse on the relay is ok.

Any ideas or problem shooting steps?

Richard L
02-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Hi Richard

System has been working flawlessly for 2 years now after relocating the pump and tank to the trunk, but recently I got the low water warning light upon boost activation.

I was going to add water but the tank was full.

15A Fuse on the relay is ok.

Any ideas or problem shooting steps?

Remove the jet from the engine an do a TST system test. Check the spray pattern is uniform and cone shaped.

Possible causes:
- Partially clogged jet
- Partially clogged in-tank filter

M3GTttHulk
02-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Remove the jet from the engine an do a TST system test. Check the spray pattern is uniform and cone shaped.

Possible causes:
- Partially clogged jet
- Partially clogged in-tank filter

Oki will try,
The only other thing I can think of is that I did remove the guage and reinstalled it, it lights up but it might not be fully connected

M3GTttHulk
10-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Finally did the spray test and it works like a charm. Nice uniform mist.

However, every time the system kicks in I get the low water light and subsequently the other warning light.....

No idea what could be causing it.

Only thing I can think of now is that the water level cable plug is missing the clip, but it is plugged in, and held in place with some electrical tape to the HFS unit.

But I'm sure I would get the low water light immediately if this would be the fault and not only when the system fires up.

So I'm stuck

Richard L
10-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Does your gauge has two yellow leds?

Yellow led is for warning a fault is detected. Do you see an bars registered on the gauge during acceleration?

M3GTttHulk
10-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Does your gauge has two yellow leds?

Yellow led is for warning a fault is detected. Do you see an bars registered on the gauge during acceleration?

The bars start to build but then I forget low water warning followed by the yellow water injection light, so yes I get two lights

Richard L
10-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Getting two lights means it is a failsafe activation.

If the failsafe triggers at the start of a run, you WL is set too high. Try two clicks CCW.

M3GTttHulk
11-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Getting two lights means it is a failsafe activation.

If the failsafe triggers at the start of a run, you WL is set too high. Try two clicks CCW.

Thanks,
but what is CCW? :/
Should I lower the WL two clicks on the guage?

Richard L
11-08-2015, 03:56 PM
counter clockwise = CCW. two clicks at a time.

M3GTttHulk
11-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Sorry :) not a native English speaker, so I couldn't figure it out

M3GTttHulk
12-08-2015, 08:57 AM
No failsafe light any more, but also I am only seeing 2-3 bars now on the guage in full boost.

Whats the next move? :)

Richard L
12-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Next move is:
why two bars only?

Did you see more bars before?

M3GTttHulk
13-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Next move is:
why two bars only?

Did you see more bars before?

Yes, quite a bit more back when the system was functioning, and before this failsafe problem started

Richard L
13-08-2015, 06:58 PM
It is the very usual for people to look elsewhere instead of checking for a semi-clogged jet.

We need to start from the basic and work up to the electronics, the most unlikely part to go wrong. The system is detect abnormal flow so look for the abnormal flow first...

1. clogged jet
2. clogged filter
3. kinked tubing

etc.

M3GTttHulk
16-08-2015, 11:48 AM
It is the very usual for people to look elsewhere instead of checking for a semi-clogged jet.

We need to start from the basic and work up to the electronics, the most unlikely part to go wrong. The system is detect abnormal flow so look for the abnormal flow first...

1. clogged jet
2. clogged filter
3. kinked tubing

etc.
1. I already replaced the jet with a new one I had, only one size smaller, so we can rule that one out.
2. Could be but I got a nice stream of water when I tested the pump
3. See #2

Funky,,

Richard L
17-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Yes, this is a difficult one.

What size jet are you using? If we can do a "one-minute on" test into a glass, it will help tracking down the cause.

M3GTttHulk
18-08-2015, 04:19 PM
0.9 jet at the moment.

I recently replaced both turbochargers, wodering if that is changing my Aquamist reaction

Maybe I should just up the "gain"?

Richard L
18-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Can you do a "1 minute on" test with the 0.9mm jet before moving on, otherwise we never we never get to the bottom of this.

M3GTttHulk
19-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Can you do a "1 minute on" test with the 0.9mm jet before moving on, otherwise we never we never get to the bottom of this.

I will try to do it this weekend.