PDA

View Full Version : Pump wiring

Race Map
06-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Hello,
I have just installed my systems 1s kit.I prefered to trigger the pump via my Autronic ecu so i can turn it on after a preset rpm/boost setting.I have wired the pumps positive and negative wires straight to the battery.The purple wire that is the positve to activate the relay is triggered by the fuel pump relay (The water inj can only work when the fuel pump is on) and the relay negative is earthed via my ecu once the desired rpm/boost is achived.
My question is, By not triggering the pump using the central wire within the 3 pin plug,would this harm the pump or any thing else ? If im not mistaken this cental wire earths the relay and turns the pump on,however i feel that i may be missing something and hurt the pump.Your reply/advice is much appreciated.Thank you.
Jake

Richard L
06-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Thank for point this important little detail out, it is important for the long-term reliability of the aquamist pump.

The pump should really be turned on and off with the centre wire - disable pump by shorting the the wire to ground.

If the pump was turned on/off via the power wire, it will unsettle the internal electronics and may damage the pump. As you know, all circuit will only work properly at a given steady voltage supply. During the turn-on period, however small, there will be a rise time of the voltage reaching optimal state. The power switch within the pump is unsettled - such as during rapid on/off cycle instructed by an external controller.

Please use a "normally closed" relay (5-pin) to interfce the water pump with your controller.

Race Map
06-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your swift reply Richard.I will re wire it using a normaly closed relay to the central wire of the 3 pin plug.Easily done.Thanks again.
Jake

Richard L
06-06-2004, 02:26 PM
You are just one away from being the "666th" member of the forum. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Race Map
06-06-2004, 02:30 PM
That was close.My gardian angle must be looking after me. :D
Jake