PDA

View Full Version : HFS 3 diagram and FailSafe issue.

kornshadow097
13-11-2015, 05:49 AM
I am back tracking and checking all wires after I noticed a problem.

The wiring diagram for the 2004 Subaru WRX (HFS3v2) does Not agree with the ones for the ECU/ECM pinout for injectors. All of the ones in the diagram were back probed while connected to the ECU (4 partially pink wires) and showed 12v(+). On the wrx ECU pin out it states they are all "speed" signals. The only (-) is a common ground.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/2002_2004_Subaru_Impreza.php

Is this "speed signal" (+) fine? Or do we have to go through the firewall and splice a (-) on a injector?

Now for the issue.

My HFS problem is once I trigger my SYS jumper the pump stays ON and wont shut off. The amber light for "Thresh" also stays locked to ON, until I unplug it from the ECU plug. Turning off the gauge or unplugging the trunk connector only turns it off until I plug it back in (unless I wait for a loud click coming from the Hfs3 box after maybe 5min (sounds like the K1C12H, mini relay).

I checked the relay to make sure its not just stuck but the coil IS activated, meaning something is telling the system to stay ON.

I'd like to know how to fix this

Thanks

Jonathan

Richard L
13-11-2015, 08:31 AM
There is nothing wrong with either diagrams.

I cannot trust anyone to repair the circuit board. You either return the controller back to the factory for repair. If it is beyond repair your need to purchase new controller.

Problem is, the cause of the issue may be attributed by incorrect wiring. Putting a new controller into the current wiring, it might suffer the same fate.

If you decided to return the controller. you must write "return to manufacturer for repair" or it will be taxed.

kornshadow097
14-11-2015, 12:36 AM
Your controller asks for a ground. The ECU puts out Positive... I'm not sure I follow. Isn't that the opposite of what your controller wants?..

I am rechecking all of the wiring, which is why I'm asking about the injector wire. The problem was a short I believe. The FAV screw may have made contact with the wires inside. The main pump power wire definitely suffered a short but i fixed it and replaced the fuse. The original relay was burned and would stick to ON, so it was also replaced.

I'm a computer tech and automotive general mechanic, this includes electrical. Because of my background in computers, I know if I had a schematic of the diagnostic test points, I'd be able to check for any issues the short may have caused on the motherboard. If there are more than one issue I can send it to you or I'll just buy a HFS3v3 or HFS4v3 and sell the parts I dont need.

Richard L
14-11-2015, 09:47 AM
I am surprised you have no understanding of electronic term and wiring. The system is asking for a injector(-), not a ground.

I advise to seek help to have the system installed, so far you are getting nowhere. From previous communications, you have had the system for 1.5 years and still struggling to make it work. Blaming the system every step of the way.

The term "little knowledge is dangerous" describes you perfectly.

I will not participate on the discussion further.