PDA

View Full Version : HFS-2 Help needed.

ZiF_k23
01-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Hi guys.

Not too sure if I'm posting in the correct section. I have recently purchased an Aquamist HFS-2 kit used. I am currently trying to install it on a 2006 model 1.8t 20V Polo Gti. Initially I did a test run connecting it to the injector harness. For some reason, on idle, there was a continuous stream being pumped. Kit was removed for a a few weeks till i had some time to redo everything. I need some assistance as to the setup of the controller and also to find out about the switch. There is a red wire which is not connected inside. Is this supposed to be this way? Does the switch light up when the system is not on? Should there be any lights showing on tje switch if it is in the 'off' position? Does the leds on the controller only come on if the harness is connected to the injector harness on the vehicle?

Richard L
01-02-2016, 10:48 PM
First on all, do you know if the HFS2 is in good working order?
You may have reversed the inject +/- connector.

Check this first.

ZiF_k23
02-02-2016, 05:23 AM
It was running on a mates car. It was removed as he was returning the car to stock to sell. Will check the injector connections again. Any feedback with regards to the switch having any lights on and they loose wire in it?

Richard L
02-02-2016, 07:10 AM
No lights should be show when the switch in in the off position. Check the cable harnesses are not plugged not the wrong connector on the controller. Especially the gauge harness and grey harness.

ZiF_k23
02-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Thanks will check that properly. Also, am i correct in saying that if the wires are not connected to map/injectors there should be no lights flashing on the controller? The loose red wire in the switch still seems tp puzzle me. Should it be connected to something on the switch?

Richard L
02-02-2016, 02:47 PM
The switch does not use the red wire. So is not connected or "loose" as you described.

ZiF_k23
02-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much for your assistance. Will report back as soon as I complete the installation!

ZiF_k23
21-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Hooked everything up. Managed to get the controller on but now the pump seems to be continously pumping. Is this to do with a setting on the controller or a wiring issue again?

Richard L
22-02-2016, 07:59 AM
It looked like the red wire of the grey harness. Make sure it is connected to the same 12V feed as the fuel injector(+) terminal.

Just connect the red and green wire directly to the fuel injector terminals.

Make sure the engine is NOT a "direct injection" type.