PDA

View Full Version : Water Injection System????

ScoobyWhite
18-06-2004, 04:01 PM
It is my first post in here and I would like to send regards for all of you that are already members of this forum :wink:

I have a Impreza whit some upgrades and now I am thinking /see the advantage of cooling the engine of the car and I find this Aquamist system in the net!!!

I see everything in the kit and read and everything and read also other webpages talking about water injection!!!

What I find!! Only better things and I ask??? If this is only good things why the cars already do not bring this system????

Other question is that I at least whit properly remap have the same power whit lower temp. and whitout knocking probs!! This is very good but what about side effects???

Please do not understand me rong but I do not understand nothing about this "world" and I would like to learn something!!!

I also already speek whit competicion engineers and they tell me that for competicion engines this system is good but for road engines they do not advise!!!
One of may question his the reliable of this system at long term like corrosion inside of your engine that the water vapor will do!!! I just want to lower donw my "inside" engine temp, but my main word is reliable!!!

Thank you very much for your answers and in every answer if this is not asking to much could you tell me how many miles you already run whit this system fitted?? And what is / how you use your car :wink:

Best Regards

hotrod
19-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Welcome to the forum.

From a performance point of view, water injection has no real down side. It allows significant performance increases for a very small investment in equipment.

The reason it is not offered on production cars, is due to the experience a few manufactures had when they made it available many years ago (The Olds Jet fire for example). The average driver does not remember little maintainence tasks. The result is they let the water tank run dry and cause problems when a highly tuned engine is suddenly without its water injection. This is not a problem with racing engines as they generally are good at keeping important fluids full.

Long term damage due to the water going through the engine is not a problem. Burning gasoline produces a huge amount of water vapor. Your engine has no problem with that water vapor and the small additional amount produced by the water injection will not cause problems except in unusual situations.

If a system continues to flow water after the engine is shut off (modern systems are designed so this cannot happen), or running heavy amounts of water injection in an engine that is never allowed to warm up completely, or running dirty water that plugs the jets are about the only problems you can have.

Larry

ScoobyWhite
20-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience whit me :wink: !!!

Anyone more???

Regards

1QuickBunny
03-12-2004, 04:58 AM
I installed the 2s (with full 3d mapping) on a freshly rebuilt Fiat motor several years back. (Actualy I started with the 1s and shortly after upgraded.) Anyways not too long ago had to disassemble the motor. It was in better than perfect condition! Almost ZERO carbon buildup! And what little there was WIPED off with gum-cutter! No rust and MOST importantly, NO DETONATION DAMAGE! This was a very high compression motor, NA. ALL my high power projects now start off with WI systems.