PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket knock sensor???

FastAOD
20-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Hey guys i am looking for an aftermarket knock sensor that i can datalogg..? Anyone know of anything like this? I have been trying to find stuff but have had no luck...

Any help appreciated...
Miles

99yellowGT
21-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Miles, don't know what all you are looking for but here is a Wideband with knock sensor data logging.

http://www.fastwrx.com/turboxstuner.html

kind of pricey though. I think that I read a thread somewhere that you had the Tweecer. is it the RT. I don't know that much about the tweecer yet (will be getting mine soon), but can you log whatever you want. Cause the EEC has a knock sensor input on I think pin 23 or so. And I believe the Cobra used this, but not sure if the 5.0l cobra 93' used a knock sensor or not. but if it did you shoud be able to use that sensor for you app. since it will be tuned for the 302. maybe something to look into. But then I guess you would need to know if the Tweecer can log that input or not. May be a cool trick though.

Scott

Oh yeah finally got some Datalogging on my WaterInjection. I will be posting some info as soon as I get it all organized and compiled. But so far looks good I was seeing about 100 deg difference in dischage to TB temp. :lol:

FastAOD
21-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Nope Scott gpt rid of the Tweecer, and it wasnt the R/T...

I have access to an FJO wideband that has aux inputs for logging. If i could find a knock sensor that read with a 0-5v sweep i think i could use the FJO to log it...

I do not believe the 93 Cobras came with knock sensors, not that i am aware of??

That is cool Scott be sure and post your info as i am interested also...

Thanks again...

99yellowGT
22-06-2004, 02:30 AM
if that is the case have you looked into the MSD knock sensor? U Probably have. Fairly inexpensive, it has a LED and audible output that you could probably tap into with your FJO logger.

cheekychimp
24-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Guys,
You've got me thinking ... :idea:

Take the MSD Knock Sensor .... inexpensive, it has settings for sensitivity and alerts, both audible and visual. That means it has outputs in terms of voltage which are activated as soon as it detects the amount of knock 'we' preset.

Could we set the WI to activate only when knock starts ... or would the knock suppression effect of the WI not occur fast enough to prevent damage?

Paul.