PDA

View Full Version : lots of problems need help and advise

gualicho
02-11-2003, 11:59 PM
i just installed the 2d system on my wrx first how i know my pump works properly i syphoned the water to it to eliminate bubbles and fire it up w no hose on the out put side it looked kind of funky not a heavy pressurized stream?? is that about right ? i installed all wiring like is stated on the diagram by the way it sucks , the fia2 does not seems to be working because his lights dont come on ?is this normal im kind of lost here and nobody here where i am seem to know what im talking them about

Forum Admin
03-11-2003, 02:40 AM
Aquamist provides generic layout instructions and is accurate with regards to the wiring and hose layout. The dealers should provide specific implementation assistance - have you asked your dealer?

If the red and green wires are connected properly, the green fuel injector light should always flash while the car is running. The red light would flash only while the conditions that trigger it are met. If you are using the boost switch, that comes with it then it only triggers after that point.

If you are using another means to trigger, like for instance a piggyback computer then you would need to consider that trigger logic vs. what the fia2 is expecting to see as a signal. The fia2 triggers by the blue wire circuit losing its ground reference through the boost switch. A signal that for instance provides a reference to ground would run the system below your trigger and turn it off above your trigger - the opposite of what you want to occur. You need a N/C relay in this case.

JScoob
18-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Is the fuel injection led supposed to flash or stay on constantly? Mine just stays on constantly from the time I start up the car...

Forum Admin
18-11-2003, 11:46 PM
When connected and operating properly, one led (green) on the fia2 will flash continuously at different rates while the car is running except when you close the throttle suddenly and the idc goes way down. This is the fia2's monitoring of the fuel injector signal.

The other one (red) will flash when the fia2 is driving the hsv which should only be when your pressure reference has reached the boost trigger switch level. The hsv should not be driven continuously when below your reference boost level.

JScoob
19-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Uhh, I definitely get no flashing on the fuel led, just continuous.

My WI led doesn't come on until I hit my set boost pressure, but once it hits, its on continuously. If its supposed to flash based on my IDC, its definitely not doing that.

The only thing I can think of is that I must have tapped the wrong ECU wire. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure I tapped the right one: D1 on 03 wrx.

Forum Admin
19-11-2003, 12:48 AM
On the '03 WRX:

The red wire from the fia2 goes to an ignition constant on 12+V source ? the Yellow/Blue wire at pin D2 at the ECU works well.

The green wire from the fia2 goes to one of the injector switched grounds at the ECU ? the Pink wire at pin D1 at the ECU works well.

JScoob
19-11-2003, 12:52 AM
The only difference with my wiring is the red fia2 wire - I placed it on an ignition wire off the dash somewhere. I'm pretty sure I tapped the D1 ECU wire for the green fia2 wire. I will double check tonight. At least I know how its supposed to behave. All this time I thought a constant on LED was the correct behavior.

Forum Admin
19-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Based on my understanding it should not matter but for what it is worth D2 is on the same circuit as the injector 12v+ source.

The LED on every fia2 I have seen flashes but it is at a very high cycling rate, there is no dicernable off period. Maybe it would be better described as being on and flickering.

It is important that this signal to the fia2 is correct since it is the basis for the fia2's driving of the hsv.

JScoob
19-11-2003, 01:06 AM
The LED on every fia2 I have seen flashes but it is at a very high cycling rate, there is no dicernable off period. Maybe it would be better described as being on and flickering.

Perhaps its flickering, although I don't think so. I will take another look.

It is important that this signal to the fia2 is correct since it is the basis for the fia2's driving of the hsv.
Yes I know! Thats why I'm a little miffed that I may not have tapped the right wire. All this time I may have been running the 1S and not the 2D I payed $300 more for.

Forum Admin
19-11-2003, 01:21 AM
I know, most of my comments I post are intentionally broad to provide information for anyone reading and I certainly appreciate frustration from the incursion of an expense without the expected results.

I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience - has the dealer been able to offer you any assistance?

I started this board for exactly this reason to provide a place dedicted to users to help each other out. So we will get you there.

If you have continuing problems after checking all the connections speak to your dealer about a replacement you may have a faulty part that needs to be covered under warranty. It is electronics and they can break.

JScoob
19-11-2003, 01:30 AM
I know, most of my comments I post are intentionally broad to provide information for anyone reading and I certainly appreciate frustration from the incursion of an expense without the expected results.

Point taken.

I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience - has the dealer been able to offer you any assistance?
Oh, I'm not that frustrated. I still consider to be in the "play around" phase of things. Plus it takes a while before I reach the end of my rope and ask for help.(which isn't necessarily a good thing)

If you have continuing problems after checking all the connections speak to your dealer about a replacement you may have a faulty part that needs to be covered under warranty. It is electronics and they can break.
I hadn't actually considered that. I have a multimeter that can measure RMS voltage. I will probe the wire that I tapped. If the RMS changes as I change TPS, then I know I've tapped the right wire and perhaps I do have a faulty fia2...