PDA

View Full Version : Accumalater

dc96819
27-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Is a Accumalater needed using a shurflo 100psi pump for two 1mm nozzels :?:

Richard L
28-08-2004, 04:35 PM
The Shurflo pump can outflow two 1mm jets, accumulator is NOT (corrected) strictly necessary. But if you want to minimize the pressure pulses, an accumulator can act as a surge arrestor.

b_boy
28-08-2004, 08:10 PM
:smile:

What is an accumulator exactly? Is it a high pressure reservoir after the pump and before the injector? How big (volume) does it need to be? Has to be able withstand 10 bar pressure safely?

dsmtuned
30-08-2004, 08:28 PM
I used a "water hammer" with my shurflo pump. I bought it at Home Depot. It's basically an inline piston that takes the shock out of the system when it turns on and off suddenly.

-Craig

hotrod
30-08-2004, 08:46 PM
An accumulator is a reservoir that holds pressure when the pump is off (reducing how often it has to cycle) and helps a bit to manage "water hammer" pressure surges as the system is cycled on and off.

It is not absolutely necessary but a good idea in my opinion. It also will provide some reserve if your pump dies, so you have a gradual fall off of water pressure/flow instead of a sudden cut off as would happen with a direct connected pump.

I use the shurflo accumulator intended for RV water systems # 181-203. It has a capacity of 71 ml (24 fluid ounces) which is about 14 seconds of full flow on my system. It has a max pressure rating of 125 psi. It's a little large if space is an issue (about the size of a 1 liter bottle).

You should set the air pressure on the bladder to a pressure the same or slightly below the turn off pressure on your pump pressure switch. Pressurize the bladder with the pump off, and at least one connection open so the bladder can inflate properly.

Larry

b_boy
01-09-2004, 10:00 AM
So it is post pump, pre-high speed valve. I'd like to talk to you sometime we have quite a few similar interests. I've got some questions of tuning for altitude compensation and turbo spec stuff. Plus I'm fascinated by the pre-turbo injection set up. I think you were in on that. PM me if I can give you a ring. Trent