PDA

View Full Version : Jet location (Again)

Gelf
10-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Application: Vauxhal 2 ltr zlet turboI

Im just about to fit WI, I want to locate the jet on the plenum chamber just before the throttle opening. The length of the inlet runners look about 10 - 12 inches.

The inlet pipe of the plenum chamber is horizontal, which has a 90 degree bend down onto the vertical throttle opening. I know the jet needs to be 45 degrees up on the horizontal cross section.

Do i fit the jet on the horizontal inlet part of the plenum or on the 90 degree bend and aim the jet directly at the butterfly openning in the throttle ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Richard L
11-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Just like to confirm that the plenum is on the vacuum engine side of throttle as you were referring to?

Normally we fit the jet between the turbo outlet and the throttle plate. If you have an intercooler, the jet should be fitted between the throttle and intercooler outlet.

Gelf
12-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Just like to confirm that the plenum is on the vacuum engine side of throttle as you were referring to?

Normally we fit the jet between the turbo outlet and the throttle plate. If you have an intercooler, the jet should be fitted between the throttle and intercooler outlet.

Im using the aquamist 2d kit, i do have a intercooler, the plenum chamber (thats if im right in calling it that) or top hat, is between the intercooler and throttle.