PDA

View Full Version : WI / Fuel controllers

DuMaurier 7
06-10-2004, 05:08 PM
At present I have a fairly sophisticated W.I system using a mix of various parts from various manufactures. The actual water injectors are controlled by the E6K via the boost control map using one of the PWM outputs . This setup works well , but is only a two dimentional map (duty cycle vs rpm) and I would prefer a map that would plot dyty cycle against boost or an even better three dimentional map that would include engine RPM's to allow for better control. I am patiently awaiting the release of the FJO controller , but I'm still looking at using a fully independant lap top programmable additional injector controller , the ones withe the knobs aren't flexible and / or precise enough .Has anyone tried this ? , anyone know where I can find a controller like the one I described ?, I found two (split second and under dog..) , but they only go up to 25psi , I want something that would go higher to 30 or 40 psi. Any help will be appreciated .

Richard L
13-10-2004, 12:16 AM
A controller should be limited by boost pressure, you can always use a external MAP sensor.

You should consider a sequential water injection system, you will get absolute precision.

DuMaurier 7
14-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Do you mean "Sequential" , as in a fuel injection system , that injects in sequence with the ignition pulses ?? .

Richard L
14-10-2004, 02:51 AM
Yes, just like the fuel injectors

1QuickBunny
30-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Check out Megasquirts. They are REALY damn cheap. Drawback being that you have to build the ecu (I actualt find this to be a plus!) Or you can get one preassembled on Ebay or several other places. These are actually intended for F.I. but have provisions so you can set them up anyway you want! And they are FULLY programable. http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
These things kick butt!