PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my 2s!

JU5TY
07-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi!

This is my first post so better introduce myself...
My names Justin and I live in Sussex, I drive a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R which has been off the road for the last two years having a full engine rebuild and it?s finally nearly finished!

Richard L you might remember me from when I came out to Aquamist HQ a LONG time ago to get some piping and a float switch! (I?m a member of the Brighton & Hove motor club)

Anyway my question...

Can anyone recommend where to get my MF2 setup? Is this something the tuner can do when they live map my car and setup the programmable ecu? (Should the two be setup at the same time?)
Or should I go somewhere where they have experience in setting up WI MF2?s?

Do you setup customers MF2's Richard? :wink: :D

Also what determines which jet I use? (0.7mm, 0.8mm & 0.9mm)

Thanks guys... :smile:

Richard L
13-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Hello JU5TY,

Welcome to the forum. I remember you well.

Power engineering at Uxbridge knows the MF2 very well, they have a special meter to tune it. The MF2 can be tuned in real time, but keep your eyes on the road.

We don't have a rolling road, tuning it on the road is a possibility. We can map it on the bench but it is only a guess, I am happy to give it a try.

If you have a System2s, you can increase the water flow at the maximum torque area and tune the other areas by ear (stetheoscope) for knock.

The size of the jet be be determined by your fuel grade, boost and compression ratio.