PDA

View Full Version : Gelf, can I ask you to do a test on this set up?

Richard L
19-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Gelf,

An earlier thread concerning pre-compressor lead to a long discussion and ended someone volunteer to perform a relative simplr test - compared to your multi-jet set up.

Due to heavy work load and weather conditions, he was not able to start the test yet. Since you already have the setup up and running, so ....

It will be taking a reading at the throttle for the two conditions:

1) A 0.5mm jet in front of the turbo
2) Same jet after the turbo, before the intercooler.

If you can capture a few looged files and post it to this site? In order to keep things simple, we won't adjust the water pressure and the two conditions. If possible, can the plotted lines of the chart be thinner?

What you have done before was fantastic but my brain can not cope with some much data floating around.

Gelf
19-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Gelf,

An earlier thread concerning pre-compressor lead to a long discussion and ended someone volunteer to perform a relative simplr test - compared to your multi-jet set up.

Due to heavy work load and weather conditions, he was not able to start the test yet. Since you already have the setup up and running, so ....

It will be taking a reading at the throttle for the two conditions:

1) A 0.5mm jet in front of the turbo
2) Same jet after the turbo, before the intercooler.

If you can capture a few looged files and post it to this site? In order to keep things simple, we won't adjust the water pressure and the two conditions. If possible, can the plotted lines of the chart be thinner?

What you have done before was fantastic but my brain can not cope with some much data floating around.

I havnt made provision for a jet after the turbo and before the IC, but i will if i consider this setup. I'll need some persuading.

I agree about the amount of data, it might be an idea to delete all the old graphs that sampled every 15 seconds and replace them with the latest ones samples twice per second :? Thats why i havnt posted them yet, too confusing for everyone.

hotrod
19-11-2004, 09:09 PM
If you can do that the other thing that would be very interesting to log would be mass air flow for both configurations.

Not sure if your setup allows that but very useful if possible.

I agree a single high resolution pull through three gears would be much more digestable than that long run log.

Larry

Richard L
19-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Gelf,

A jet after the IC would just be as good since we are trying to compare the pre-turbo and post-turbo and see if thereare any difference.

Taking more samples within a second will allow a more intense study on the effect than a long pull.

Perhaps you like to start a new thread. Please leave the older data since it is nice to study them as well. If you need me to store the pictures for you, I am more than happy to do so.

Before you do it, please tell us how you would organise it and what we are looking for. We have some time to digest the aim of the test and see the results later. Posting a great deal of data can sometime lead the mind away from the objectives.