PDA

View Full Version : help with pressure switch adjustment

vaughany
01-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone, I have only just found this site as the problem with my system 1s has only just happened. I will admit to knowing very little regarding the systems and even less regarding the installation.

I was in the engine bay today and I noticed a screw that was loose so I tightened it. However what I think I tightened was actually the screw to adjust the boost pressure that activates the WI. I thinked I turned it about 4 full turns, the system was set at the preset 10psi previously. I would like to reset this value but I wanted to know if there is a way I can do this accurately. I have read that I can fit a LED and use that as an indication and then adjust the pressure accordingly.

Unfortunately this is not fitted yet, is there another way such as totalling unscrewing the screw and rescrewing in back in a set amount of turns that would roughly set it at 10psi. Also I have checked the site and am fairly sure that the screw i turned is for the boost pressure but I am not entirely sure, the screw in question was the tiny screw in the middle of the 2 connectors that run from the battery. is this the adjustment screw for the boost pressure switch. If anyone has some pictures etc, this would be helpful

I hope someone can help me with this dilema, the only good thing that has happened is at least I have now found this site and can gain some knowledge on the system.

many thanks

Vaughany

janis
02-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone, I have only just found this site as the problem with my system 1s has only just happened. I will admit to knowing very little regarding the systems and even less regarding the installation.

I was in the engine bay today and I noticed a screw that was loose so I tightened it. However what I think I tightened was actually the screw to adjust the boost pressure that activates the WI. I thinked I turned it about 4 full turns, the system was set at the preset 10psi previously. I would like to reset this value but I wanted to know if there is a way I can do this accurately. I have read that I can fit a LED and use that as an indication and then adjust the pressure accordingly.

Unfortunately this is not fitted yet, is there another way such as totalling unscrewing the screw and rescrewing in back in a set amount of turns that would roughly set it at 10psi. Also I have checked the site and am fairly sure that the screw i turned is for the boost pressure but I am not entirely sure, the screw in question was the tiny screw in the middle of the 2 connectors that run from the battery. is this the adjustment screw for the boost pressure switch. If anyone has some pictures etc, this would be helpful

I hope someone can help me with this dilema, the only good thing that has happened is at least I have now found this site and can gain some knowledge on the system.

many thanks

Vaughany

More info is to be found on the aquamist site itself, including a manual.

www.aquamist.co.uk

Go to products and download the 1s fitting tips file.

It doesn't describe a procedure like the one your looking for.
You will find pictures though.

You say that 2 wires run from the battery to the place where the screw is at? Doesn't sound like the pressure switch, more like the relay.

But that's strange as well. What are the symptoms of your problems?

Janis

vaughany
02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Hello Janis

Thanks for the reply, I have checked and have confirmed that I have tightened the pressure switch. Unfortunately I have no way of measuring at what boost pressure the water injection will now activate. It was previously set to the factory setting of 10psi. This is the level I want to return it to. I was hoping that someone would be able to advise me on how many full turns the screw has to be turned to be set at 10psi if the screw was totally undone.

thanks

Vaughany

Richard L
05-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Hello Janis

Thanks for the reply, I have checked and have confirmed that I have tightened the pressure switch. Unfortunately I have no way of measuring at what boost pressure the water injection will now activate. It was previously set to the factory setting of 10psi. This is the level I want to return it to. I was hoping that someone would be able to advise me on how many full turns the screw has to be turned to be set at 10psi if the screw was totally undone.

thanks

Vaughany

Clip a spare jet onto your windscreen and compare the onset of spray against you boost gauge might do the trick.

janis
05-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Hello Janis

.... Unfortunately I have no way of measuring at what boost pressure the water injection will now activate. ...

I concluded that there was no boost gauge. Hope I'm wrong.

The way Richard proposes to do the test is exactly what I did to test whether or not the system worked. Can't believe I forgot that :roll:

vaughany
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the info, I have connected the hose so it sprays on the windscreen and have now reset the the switch. After some more advice from Richard, I am now going to set it to come on at 14psi rather than 10

Thanks

Vaughany