PDA

View Full Version : Pump operation

Paul T
22-03-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm new to Water Injection and could someone please help with the following before I build my first system.
Would I be correct in assuming when driving a car fitted with WI, the water system is operational whilst cruising and accelerating and not when coasting or braking .i.e. operational when the throttle is open.
If this is correct - would a water ring main system, with the pump running when the fuel pump runs, not be better then starting and stopping the water pump?
Having the pressure switch to open and close the supply solenoid to the nozzles sounds a better system than starting and stopping a pump.

I'm fitting a SC (ex Mini) to a standard Vauxhall xe engine, if it damages a piston or blows the head gasket, they would be replaced anyway if I go on to lower the CR.
Should I run 2 nozzles, 1 pre SC to help cool the charge and 1 post IC to get some moisture into the engine to prevent knock.

Thanks for any help.

Lysander
28-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Paul, most WI systems I've seen operate over a certain manifold pressure, or engine speed, etc... For example, mine comes on when boost exceeds 5psi.

keithmac
22-04-2005, 07:11 PM
I`ll be on a pressure switch when I finally get up and running, 5 psi seems about right. You could set up a system like a std fuel injection system with a pressure reg and a tank return, although you can`t use any fuel related components because the watewr will corrode the internals, using a regulator and tank return will let you run the pump all the time and may cool the water by circulation? (could have a small cooler on the return side?).