PDA

View Full Version : Water for SC'd SUV?

hitemp02
22-03-2005, 07:32 AM
I have a '02 Denali 6L with a Magnacharger Radix I installed in Aug. '03. Most daily driving is a kick in the pants. However, occassionally I tow a boat in hot weather and pulling uphill with boost will naturally generate an enormous amount of heat. When ambient temps are in the low 100's, heat becomes a limiting factor for the Vortec which powers down to protect itself (I'm told). 1) Can a Radix system be overridden manually when it becomes a deterrent to performance, or 2) would a water injection system be appropriate in this situation? And, if useful, how complicated would it be to install a water system to engage only when conditions dictate?

Lysander
28-03-2005, 02:35 PM
hitemp,

You could just remove the supercharger belt while towing. This takes me less than 60 seconds on my GTP.

-Justin

Rootzz06
15-10-2005, 03:08 AM
Whats up hi temp--I have a radix on my 00 gmc sierra--first off is yours one of the older non intercooled setups? if it is,then look into getting the intercooler retrofit.Secondly,the early truck radix had a small heat exchanger up front so try upgrading to the larger one if you are already inter cooled.I have WI on both my vehicles with eatons for only a short time but on the truck in particular it has made a huge difference.I used to get about 3 degrees of KR in summer traffic if I got on the gas hard and that is eliminated completely with the water/25% methanol.You should talk to Chris at East Coast Supercharging in New Jersey he has WI tuning experience with the RADIX.I dont mean to go to him for a WI system-the Aquamist is the way to go. I think you will definately benifit from WI but there may be other things to consider also.That Radix should make towing your boat just as much fun as driving any other time.disabling the s/c is not the way to go!--JA