PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on setting up a WI system

EnzoFerrari
30-11-2003, 08:34 PM
i've finally decided i want to use water injection and now i need to design a system. I want a build a DIY setup but with top quality parts. The car it's going on will be a 500rwhp rotary.

I have an Autronic SM2 ecu and it has pwm output so i want to use the aquamist HSV. I was thinking of using the shurflo pump either 543-238 or 813-239, not sure which one i need yet.

I want to use aquamist jets. I don't know which acculater to use?

What do you guys recommend?
Thanks...

Brad
01-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Both pumps you have selected will work. Both have the correct inside materials. Flow will be fine with either. I normally use the 813-239 and turn the pressure switch down to about 120-110psi.
The accumulator is used to protect the pump from short off and on that can destroy the armenture. I use one about the size of a soft ball. It is a diaphram type with air pressure on the top side.

EnzoFerrari
01-12-2003, 12:56 AM
Ok great.. i will pickup the 813-239 pump and turn down the pressure as you suggest. Where can i buy this accumulator you mentioned.
also what size lines and what type of line do you recommend?

Im also thinking about using multiple jets. do i just run a tee and split them up after the HSV? or does this mean i will need multiple HSV's?

do i need to use the aquamist manifold?

Would it be better to use the aquamist manifold with adj pressure switch to regulate water pressure and then somehow disable the one built into the shurflo pump?

Forum Admin
01-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Shurflo has an accumulator that works well. I would use inlet hoses and a hose to the accumulator appropriate to the shurflow parts. Then I would step down on the exit of the accumulator to Aquamist lines since you will be using the Aquamist hsv and jets, this will also allow for use of aquamist couplings since this will likely be at least a 2-3 jet application at 500rwhp.

EnzoFerrari
01-12-2003, 05:44 AM
thanks Ed/Brad.

Can i buy these parts from you? I saw you listed on aquamist as a dealer.

Forum Admin
01-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Both of us are. Contact either or both of us off board about it. Use the contact information in our profiles or from the Aquamist site. Trying to keep this site technical in nature and free from sales and marketting.