PDA

View Full Version : 2 0.4mm jets better than 1 0.8mm jet?

keithmac
08-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Getting an order together for the kit for my supercharged 16v mk2 Golf, using WI instead of an intercooler, so it`ll need good charge cooling properties, also the intake length is quite short.

Will a pair of 0.4mm jets driven of an ERL race pump give better misting and chage cooling than 1 0.8mm jet, or will the pressure drop from using 2 jets outweigh any benifits?

Also as I understand it the 1s system operates by wire number 2 (grey) from the pump being grounded by the boost switch under no boost (pump off) and when boost is sensed over the preset level the wire goes open circuit and the pump works, is this correct?

Cheers :D

thebigmacd
10-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Getting an order together for the kit for my supercharged 16v mk2 Golf, using WI instead of an intercooler, so it`ll need good charge cooling properties, also the intake length is quite short.

Will a pair of 0.4mm jets driven of an ERL race pump give better misting and chage cooling than 1 0.8mm jet, or will the pressure drop from using 2 jets outweigh any benifits?

Also as I understand it the 1s system operates by wire number 2 (grey) from the pump being grounded by the boost switch under no boost (pump off) and when boost is sensed over the preset level the wire goes open circuit and the pump works, is this correct?

Cheers :D

Two 0.4mm jets will only give half the flow of a 0.8mm jet. You would need to run four 0.4mm jets for the same flow/pressure drop. I suggest running one 0.4mm jet per intake runner :D

keithmac
10-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Ahh cheers for that, probably have only 50cm per runner though seems too short a distance to give adequate cooling before the cylinders?; plus the air temp sensor won`t see any temp drop? Whats the equivelent of a 0.8 jet in two jets?