PDA

View Full Version : Pulse width control of pump + thoughts for my car.

Fusion_Ed
13-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Hi All,
I have a Nissan March (Micra) Superturbo (930cc compound charged) I have just upgraded from 260cc injectors to 440 as I was hitting 100% on them, I now reach low to mid 60's. I have installed and mapped the greddy Emanage which I have mapped for 12.5:1 upto 1.5 bar of boost. As it is for a 930cc 4cyl 8v engine it seriously shifts, however I still have for the moment the standard topmount IC and I have mapped a farily agressive ignition curve, which after a few pulls I hear the onset of engine knocking around maximum torque, as the IC burns up. Clealy the sensible solution would be to move this however I have some other thoughts meanwhile.

The Emanage piggyback ECU i am using has an option for two independant injector controls. I am wondering if it would be possible to use these to map a water injection system to suspress the knock I am getting after about 1.4bar of boost. Any suggestions or comment on this and if the waterpump is suitable for the kind of injector pulsewidths would be great. It would make an interesting car already much more so. My ultimate aims is to break the 200bhp barrier with this engine. I dont know yet how it stands but I should get a RR figure with it next weekend.

Any thoughts or comments would be great.

Fusion_Ed
13-06-2005, 05:34 PM
No replies! Im quite surprised. Quiet here, or is it just me?! :)

turbojack
14-06-2005, 01:13 AM
I personally have not used the emanage but I have read that it can drive an auxillary injector. Sounds like you might want to look at the Aquamist 2C kit which has ths amoung other things the HSV that you could drive using the capabilities of the emanage.

Fusion_Ed
14-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Ahha I'm surprised I missed that it looks perfect, thanks.