PDA

View Full Version : Injector Placement - bendy piping !

chriswhiteuk
14-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi guys/gurus

I have an 1S kit on the way and was pondering about injector placement.

I understand just after the intercooler is recommended, but how well will the mist travel around a U bend ?

Am I better of installing the jet on the U bend where air is, in theory, going fastest ?

Or will the mist have evaporated after apporx 10" of travel before the U bend ?

Thanks

Chris

keithmac
14-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I think to may knock some of the water out of the air if you force it round the u bend just after injecting, may be better after the u-bend? After saying that mine`s gonna be injected just before a 90 degree bend as my inlet length is very short.

Can you post a pic up?

chriswhiteuk
14-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi

it's the same as the V70R Volvo in the gallery.

I notice that his is a the the beginning of the pipe, a friend has his installed on the u bend, and the S60R (on this site) has his installed on the straight part after the U bend as you suggest.

Also, orientation of the jet - pointing up/down/sideways - or doesn't this matter ? (I'm thinking about seepage, drips etc - perhaps pointing upward is best?)

Chris

hotrod
16-06-2005, 05:26 AM
I have my nozzle mounted in the apex of a bend, and pointed towards the inside of the turn from the outside wall of the bend. My intention was that way the spray would be less likely to get slung to the outside wall of the pipe as the flow makes the bend.

Not sure it makes a lot of difference when the air flow is moving about 100 mph but that's how I set mine up.

Larry

chriswhiteuk
16-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi guys

Intake pipe expertly drawn in top notch Paint !

(Grey nipple is charge temp sensor)

http://www.chriswhiteuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/aqua.JPG

How's my very basic theory of the above flow patterns ?

Top - get more mist into inlet plenum

Middle - fastest airflow ? so better mixture.

Bottom - best cooling effect but possible mist throw out round corner ?

Indicates that on the apex is best - as said ?

Chris

keithmac
17-06-2005, 06:33 PM
2nd onel looks best as you say, the first on has the Tep sender too close I would have though and won`t be meauring the correct air temp.