PDA

View Full Version : LED FOR BLOCKED JET ?

RicouGT
21-06-2005, 10:58 AM
hi !
in my 2D kit i've a orange led to indicate a blocked jet, but on the fitting pict, it's indicate to use a 470R resistor in line with this led, nevertheless there'snot this resistor in the kit...so, must i fit this or can i put the led without the 470R ? i don't want fit a relay but just the led to prevent a trouble and see it ! :wink:

AndrewC
21-06-2005, 12:50 PM
The resistor is required to control the amount of current which will flow through the LED, 470ohm is the correct resistance for a 12V supply to get ~20mA which is the require current for most coloured LEDs.

Andrew...

RicouGT
21-06-2005, 01:05 PM
The resistor is required to control the amount of current which will flow through the LED, 470ohm is the correct resistance for a 12V supply to get ~20mA which is the require current for most coloured LEDs.

Andrew...

it's what i though....

thank you ! :wink:

mx5
21-06-2005, 07:30 PM
hi !
in my 2D kit i've a orange led to indicate a blocked jet, but on the fitting pict, it's indicate to use a 470R resistor in line with this led, nevertheless there'snot this resistor in the kit...so, must i fit this or can i put the led without the 470R ? i don't want fit a relay but just the led to prevent a trouble and see it ! :wink:

The resistor is already there - soldered to the LED

Richard L
21-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I confirm this is correct.

RicouGT
21-06-2005, 10:24 PM
oh shit...i've fitted the led with a 470ohm resistors, nevertheless, it's seems work fine... :roll:

but i've a trouble :
i've fitted the pump into the engine bay (under the lower level of the tank)with the original water spray tank of sti7 without priming pump. at idle, the erl pump works little time (few 1/10eme sec) to up pression in water line. I roll, the injection works, it's ok, but when i left WOT, the orange led clears !! and the erl pump doesn't stop ! if i retry to inject water, the led was "off" and "on" immadiatly after when i left my right foot.... :shock:

what do you think about that ?...i seeme to have a trouble with water alimentation, but the water pression is made correctly at start, it's only after WOT....and if i put the water spray contact to start the pump (whixh is on the line of water alimentation but not wiring in priming pump), the orange led turn "off" and the erl pump stop...can i be sure that in "injection time" the injection is good (red led is on correctly and orange off...)

i don't know what i must do...i don't want to have a primig pump (noise..)

i thank you !
and ecuse me for my langage..i'm very bad... :sad:

Richard L
22-06-2005, 08:34 AM
oh shit...i've fitted the led with a 470ohm resistors, nevertheless, it's seems work fine... :roll:

but i've a trouble :
i've fitted the pump into the engine bay (under the lower level of the tank)with the original water spray tank of sti7 without priming pump. at idle, the erl pump works little time (few 1/10eme sec) to up pression in water line. I roll, the injection works, it's ok, but when i left WOT, the orange led clears !! and the erl pump doesn't stop ! if i retry to inject water, the led was "off" and "on" immadiatly after when i left my right foot.... :shock:

what do you think about that ?...i seeme to have a trouble with water alimentation, but the water pression is made correctly at start, it's only after WOT....and if i put the water spray contact to start the pump (whixh is on the line of water alimentation but not wiring in priming pump), the orange led turn "off" and the erl pump stop...can i be sure that in "injection time" the injection is good (red led is on correctly and orange off...)

i don't know what i must do...i don't want to have a primig pump (noise..)

i thank you !
and ecuse me for my langage..i'm very bad... :sad:

Putting another 470 ohm resistor inline is fine, the led is very bright anyway.

It appears that the system is having problem priming during acceleration. The water inside long delivery hose is subjected to opposite force during hard acceleration. It is not a bad idea to put a priming pump in the system. There might also be a possibility of a clogged filter on some air is being syphoned into the delivery hose to the aquamist pump, hence the on/off of the yellow led.

Please fill the tank to the top and let me know if it solves the problem.

RicouGT
22-06-2005, 11:08 AM
whan i tested the system, the tank was full ! :sad:

the led isn't "on" during acceleration, only when i'm under the "pressure switch"....

Richard L
13-08-2005, 09:06 PM
It appear that you may have collected soem aair in the system.

Please clip your jet onto the screen and watch the spray - wind your boost down so the absence of water will not put your engine in danger.

I have had many reports that the collars of the water filter need checking - take it apart and examine that thereare no crease ot deformation on them.

For any aquamist related problems, post it to the Aquamist/ERL section - I check there more often.