PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist Jet flow and psi

dsmtuned
20-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Could someone please explain to me how the flow of the Aquamist jets correspond to the psi behind them. I have of course used the Aquamist chart to figure total cc of flow, but what happens to the flow of each jet when the psi is increased past what is shown in the chart?

I know that I should just empircally test the flow per minute, but I am far from my car at the moment and trying to do mental preparations for when I return.

Thanks for setting me straight.

-Craig

hotrod
29-07-2005, 10:00 AM
All jets respond to pressure changes pretty much the same. If you know the pressure the jet is rated at and you increase the pressure to a higher value, the flow will increase at the square root of the ratio of the pressures.

If a jet flows 120 cc/min at 40 psi, and you increase the operating pressure to 100 psi, the flow should increase to :

sqrt (100/40) = sqrt (2.5) = 1.58 ----> 1.58 x 120 = 190 cc/min

Larry

dsmtuned
29-07-2005, 11:57 AM
All jets respond to pressure changes pretty much the same. If you know the pressure the jet is rated at and you increase the pressure to a higher value, the flow will increase at the square root of the ratio of the pressures.

If a jet flows 120 cc/min at 40 psi, and you increase the operating pressure to 100 psi, the flow should increase to :

sqrt (100/40) = sqrt (2.5) = 1.58 ----> 1.58 x 120 = 190 cc/min

Larry

Thanks for that Larry! Exactly what I needed.

-Craig