PDA

View Full Version : Good quality boot mounted water tank?

keithmac
22-07-2005, 12:28 AM
It seems my only option for a water tank is to modify a washer bottle, I`ve been looking for a while now and I can`t seem to find a good 4l water tank anywhere in the UK!

i`ve got the tank adapter fitting and a quickfit pipe union, just need a tank.

What`s everyone else using?

Cheers, Keith.

turbojack
26-07-2005, 12:03 AM
How about a Jr. dragster fuel cell? I'm using on that I mounted to a rear strut bar in the trunk. The one gallon Jr cell that I bought has 1 push vent on the top next to the filler cap and one barbed push in style fitting that includes a shut of valve. This IMO is perfect for water injection. The more common (not jr cell) 1 gallon fuel cell has too many fittings for water injection.

Use this and the Aquamist float sensor kit and the new bulk head adapter and your set to go.

Fuel cell (w/image):
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=i+gal+jr+fuel+cell&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

Bulk head fitting (w/image):
Waterinjection Forum Index ? ERL/Aquamist ? New tank adaptor (806-270) available now ....

Float sensor w/image):
Waterinjection Forum Index ? ERL/Aquamist ? Float level switch mounting question

AndrewC
26-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Outboard motor fuel tank? Available quite cheaply from any Marine chandlers in a variety of sizes from about 10L up...

Rootzz06
13-10-2005, 04:37 PM
East Coast Supercharging in NJ makes a nice stainless tank.