PDA

View Full Version : Jackson racing WI priming problems

redsidriver
08-09-2005, 03:45 AM
hey guys im new here . i just recently bought the water injection kit from jackson racing and i tried to install it today got it all hooked up and i just cant seem to prime the pump . i tried using the winshield squirter pump to prime it and it seemed to work for a few seconds . i noticed it because the pump began to quite down . but water never came out of the other side . after a while my battery died so i gave up for the day maybe i needed the help of another person to do this since i was by myself . any advice that you guys can give would be great. by the way this is on a 2000 civic . the pump is mounted where the jackson racing installation instruction instructed me to and the car was on a slightly steep drive way

Richard L
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
The pump is probably dry internally. try injecting some water into the pump with a 20cc syringe. Ensure the pump outlet is free.

Re-priming the pump with engine running.

Richard

keithmac
30-09-2005, 12:06 AM
I normally disconnected the outlet pipe on the pump and run it for 10 sec or so until there`s a good flow of water, then just reconnect the piping to the jet, works very well doing it this way. Once the pump`s primed any air in the jet piping bleads off quickly.

M45
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
In order to prime the pump for the first time you should have the engine on. The battery wont make the required voltage on its own (13.8v IIRC)

Then make sure the tank is higher than the pump and gravity will prime the pump for you.